Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know this car or this dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
Search this forum for SLOAN before doing any business with him.
I know.....I have read several threads about him on the Rennlist.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also bought a car from HM (dealt w/ Rob). Overall a good experience. Prior to me getting my current car, I checked daily to see if they had any 'white' S bodies. When I got mine (not at HM), I took a ride down there, and they had one come in from Hawaii, I believe it was a white '97 C2S, but it had some body work (which they were upfront with).
The '98 looks pretty nice from the pic's. Nice combo...
It's funny, wasn't there a post about the 993 market getting a little soft.
$59.5 & $65 are far from soft pricing.
When I was considering selling my C2S (not for sale now), I did a quick average on C2S's nationwide, various mileage. Mid $50's is what the average was. I was pretty impressed that they are still holding so well. Sloan cars are sure on the higher spectrum of the pricing, but he always has some prime examples.
If it doesn't look like it's going to rain Thursday, maybe I'll take P-car to work, and take a trip to HM at lunch.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I was also looking for a white one, your car is really nice, I like the cashmere interior an the S ducts in the rear quarters. If you sell it......let me know.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Jim,
I just saw a white one some where.. Not sure if it was a C2S or C4S. Let me think where the heck I was looking. I'll PM if I remember.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I have seen a couple of White with black or blue, but not cashmere. If you do, let me know. I would appreciate the help.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:11 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

I know there is a white w/ Cashmere at RPM, but it's a turbo, and Ray is asking $102.5K. Nice example, only 3.5k miles. What has this car been doing for 9 almost 10 years...??
Old 08-31-2006, 07:36 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I think that it ridiculous money for that car. I saw that on their website sometime ago. If you bought it, you'd be foolish to drive it, and you'd NEVER get your money back. What do you think a dealer would give you on a 3K mile trade in, although it might be higher than book, it still wouldn't be close to that money. Another dealer has a 7K Cobalt Blue one for $92K.

I think these dealers, ie. RPM, Willhoit, etc, are tryng to keep the values up. I guess that is ok, but I wonder what's going to happen to the market when they stop, or run out of inventory??
Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, if people are buying them at these prices, and they are as RPM is in business to SELL cars, then if they run low on inventory the prices will climb (supply v.s. demand).
Old 08-31-2006, 11:23 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I agree, but I think dealerships have the ability to hold inventory longer at a certian price. We as buyers, see those prices without looking around and feel that is the price that all cars should be selling for, once you start looking around, you find prices lower. For example, I have a local person trying to sell his 1997 993tt. The car has about 28k miles and he wants $82K, he had originlly purchased it from Willhoit and paid a premium. He has reduced the price several times and is getting no response on the car. Sooner or later he'll make the decision to sell the car for less or keep it. A dealer would look at this siutation differently because they are in the business of selling, and most likey have a flow of people that want the easy buy.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:52 AM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

The dealers (collectors) that hold these cars in inventory do just that, they hold them. They put a price on them, which if you currently own a similar car and want to sell, it may help you get a few more $$$.
It makes it difficult for the buyer, unless you have money to throw around. Basically comes down to 'what do you want to pay' and how bad you want it.
Many of the low miles ones, show up a few months later, with only a few more miles on them. Makes you wonder.
The 993 variant is any were from 9 to 12 years old. Many asking prices are close to what they were when they were new. My C2S was about $70k new, so a heavily optioned one, maybe $80k. So a '98 w/ low miles, w/ an asking price of of ~ $62k.......... I think that's a little steep. But if it's the car you wanted and had to have, and could afford, then the decsion is simple.
Very few of the dealers (collectors) offer any real warranty on a 10 year old vehicle, acutally there usually isn't one.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

for those miles and the apparent condition, i think that the price is really close... you would be hard-pressed to find a 98 S in pristine condition w/ less than 30k miles for under $55k...this is a little more, but sounds like it is a great example
Old 08-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
I called and spoke to John. He is going to send me information. Anybody want a 2001 996tt?. I think I am going to have an extra car and an angry wife.
High Marques also has a '97 C2S, Black/Tan, under 30k miles (27K?), $54,900. It looks just as nice as the one Jim originally asked about, but to Turbo Look.

Quick Reply: Anyone know this car or this dealership?