Sponsored by:

Calling Viper Bob - Anyone Have His #?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Is there a 'duty' or 'tax' issue importing with Gert?
Yes, there is a duty. It is billed/collected by FedEx and invoiced about 30 days after I received the HD's. Approx $45 last December, IIRC.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
azcarguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993James993
Is ViperBob running a mail order parts business? I just looked at the site sponsors and didn't see ViperBob Motorsports. Maybe I'm missing something here but the fact that he may have helped out other Rennlist members in the past with parts would hardly obligate him to return someone's unsolicited emails and PMs. I'd understand if someone were complaining that TireRack blew them off.

Where are you in AZ?

Welcome to Rennlist
Tucson AZ

And the reason I tried to contact VB on the parts is because the people on the board recommended him as a vendor so in my book hes a vendor, sponsor or not he's providing parts and is come case service to those folks on the board and that's what I went off of. I thought referals and recommendations by the community was the one of the main reasons I paid to join the board. Again just my .02 and its worth exactly what you paid for it.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Every time I have tried to buy HDs from shox.com they are "back ordered" and have no specific ship date. They have increased their price recently, so maybe Bilstein is shipping to them now.
The price is still $1099. They are in stock. I ordered the HDs from them yesterday, and they shipped same day.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Spuds993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jon,

Do you know if you're getting the fronts with the extra threads or not? I realize you're not looking to go RS height, so maybe you're not interested in having the ability to go low.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,122 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Spuds993
Hey Jon,

Do you know if you're getting the fronts with the extra threads or not? I realize you're not looking to go RS height, so maybe you're not interested in having the ability to go low.

Thanks!
I thought that all the USA Bilsteins are now made with the extra thread length on the HDs and that was a few years ago. Is that true? I would think it is possible that some old stock may still be floating around.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:23 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes. Extra threads were confirmed by them before I placed the order. They were aware of the difference.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
The price is still $1099. They are in stock. I ordered the HDs from them yesterday, and they shipped same day.
That is a higher price than when we couldn't get them to ship a couple of years ago.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
omilu
Instructor

My experience with Gert was perfect, 3 day delivery, everything exactly right, everything you could expect, perfect service. The shocks are only subdualy different, it is worth going with a vendor that does it enough so it is correct, very miserable to find someone has sent you two left shocks when your car is in pieces.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Personally, I'm leaning twords Gert at Carnewal but for those that ordered from Shox.com (I ordered the HD's for my [sold] '88 Cab from them, no problems) are you also getting springs? I'm assuming the springs are a separate item. Where / how much are you paying for them?

Most likely I'll be getting the HD's front & rear and going w/ the ROW M030 springs but foregoing the upgraded sway bars since my car is a Cab and driven strictly on the street. I upgraded the struts/shocks/springs and installed M030 sways on my 968 since it's my DE steed.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

993James993

Well said. I've had great support and service from both.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

azcarguy, how long have you had your 95? Do you do the service yourself or do you use a local shop in Tucson? If so who do you take it to and are you happy? I use Beck's Porsche in Phoenix. It's 120 miles but I'm happy with them. Glad to see another Rennlister in Tucson.

Regarding VB, he is extremely knowlegable, has helped just about everyone on this forum over the past few years with advice, technical knowhow and even parts. I serisously doubt that he got rich on parts sales here. I doubt that he made any profit on them. It was more like one enthusiast helping out the rest of us. He has been going through some tough times lately and has not been active on the board. It's likely that he never saw your pm's or emails.

I highly recommend Gert at Carnewal. I couldn't believe how fast my order was delivered.

Where are you polar silver guys in AZ? I miss my old 95! A group of us (Porsches) is planning on going to pavillions this sat night around 7pm. If anybody is interested.
BTW: your point above about Bob could not be more right on.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM
azcarguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

azcarguy, how long have you had your 95? Do you do the service yourself or do you use a local shop in Tucson? If so who do you take it to and are you happy? I use Beck's Porsche in Phoenix. It's 120 miles but I'm happy with them. Glad to see another Rennlister in Tucson.

Regarding VB, he is extremely knowlegable, has helped just about everyone on this forum over the past few years with advice, technical knowhow and even parts. I serisously doubt that he got rich on parts sales here. I doubt that he made any profit on them. It was more like one enthusiast helping out the rest of us. He has been going through some tough times lately and has not been active on the board. It's likely that he never saw your pm's or emails.

I highly recommend Gert at Carnewal. I couldn't believe how fast my order was delivered.

Thanks for the welcome and maybe I will see around. I Just got the car about 3 months ago and had a slew of things fixed (clutch, slave, belts, dist and dest belts, hoses etc) before I brought it home from Northern CA and drove it back to Tucson going through Monterey, Carmel and down to Santa Barbara-LA. A great drive and the girlfriend said it qualified as a vacation so two birds with one stone so to speak.

I have my Ferrari serviced by Bob Dearing at Dearings automotive in town so I will have the major items taken care of there little things I do myself. The F-car is a bit pricey but the service has been good and Bob is a car guy through and through, though he tends to lean toward the older F-cars, Jags and Bentley.

As I said in my earlier thread I'm glad VB has provided a high level of help via the site and I have read many of his posts while doing the research on my purchase and for the purposes of parts selection. And I don't think a simple email stating that you are too busy or otherwise occupied is too much to ask when you put your name out as a resource (Vendor or not). Again I wish him all the best but I do need to get my parts.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by azcarguy
And I don't think a simple email stating that you are too busy or otherwise occupied is too much to ask when you put your name out as a resource (Vendor or not). Again I wish him all the best but I do need to get my parts.
I tend to agree with this...

Also, I will add my endorsement for Gert at Carnewal...simply couldn't be any better if he was located next door...
Old 08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
josephla
Instructor

Funny viperbob posted on the gt3 forum today. Maybe he does not like you azcarguy.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:06 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by josephla
Funny viperbob posted on the gt3 forum today. Maybe he does not like you azcarguy.
Or maybe Bob is phasing out us and our old air cooled dinosaurs..

Quick Reply: Calling Viper Bob - Anyone Have His #?