Sponsored by:

seat jammed!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple years ago, I damaged the square end one of my drive cables. I coated the drive end with epoxy, twisted it back into shape and held it in a vise until cured. The repaired end is still in the car, working fine.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
no1fltim
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the great suggestions! I'll try again tonight before calling the dealer. I agree the design could use a more fail safe measure included.

Tim
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
hawk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that problem on the passenger seat, seems it isn't a good idea to put the seat fully back, so my Porsche mechanic said to take a hammer to the seat, where it sits in the track, and tap it till it comes forward, seemed crazy to me, but this was the second time this had happened, so I followed his advice and it worked. Also, I was told not to put the seat fully back...it seems 911s have a tendency to get stuck when the seat is pushed fully back, never had a problem since.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk993
Also, I was told not to put the seat fully back...it seems 911s have a tendency to get stuck when the seat is pushed fully back, never had a problem since.
You know that, I know that, problem is practically every time I take it in for service (to KNOWLEDGABLE Porsche places), the wrench puts the seat all the way back and it gets stuck.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:08 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett - 1996 C4
You know that, I know that, problem is practically every time I take it in for service (to KNOWLEDGABLE Porsche places), the wrench puts the seat all the way back and it gets stuck.
Not only, given the actual mechanism on the seat rail, the only way for the seats to get stuck is giving birth

majority of people adjusting the seats all the way back ADD THAT LITTLE EXTRA PUSH as if they're in labour.

None-the-less, the seats tend to get stuck when the engine is not running.
if you're adjusting the seats with the engine off, the movement gets slower and slower swiftly, as if its draining the battery. And the witty try to push with their legs to accompany the motors . . . . till it gets stuck

Quick Reply: seat jammed!!