993 Forum 1995-1998

Guy opened his door and dinged me..

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrouder
Since you didn't see him do it but you know he did. The only recourse is to kick a dent in his car for taking that space, when there was 50 other spaces to choose from. Maybe that's wrong but that type of thing really pisses me off.
you aren't that wrong...or i am just as wrong as you are ;-)
Old 08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In that situation I wait until the moron comes out to his car. Then I take the compensation out of his wallet, or out of his ***. This kind of thing pisses me off to no end - especially after you go out of your way to park away from everyone else.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
SwayBar
Race Car

Received 312 Likes on 215 Posts

I would have called the cops and waited.

What's up with 'private property' and police anyway? It seems to imply that one can beat the crap out of the perpetrator and not get into any trouble because the 'lesson' occurred on private property.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:56 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

I say we cultivate the image of a 993 owner as a mildly unstable individual, totally obsessed with our vehicles to the point of causing physical harm over a dent...especially when we have demonstrated our desire to stay away from the "masses" in a parking lot. We need to see a couple of news stories about a 993er becoming totally unhinged...road rage type stuff...a couple of stories on Oprah and Springer...

...the rep might help our cause...

...personally I put a magnetic sign on my doors that says "Go ahead...make my day".

Can't figure out why I have 9 dings on my door now...
Old 08-17-2006, 04:05 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe people think that because we can afford a Porsche, we can afford to get it repaired.

Either that or a streak of jealousy. Why else would they choose to park next to a car you deliberatley tried to park away from everyone else?
Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
hddude
Racer

Originally Posted by Marv
I would have waited for the owner or called the police to take a report. That way if it gets down to a court case you have a preponderance of evidence that will clinch the case.
A police report for a door ding? The cop would die laughing at you.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
SwayBar
Race Car

Received 312 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by hddude
A police report for a door ding? The cop would die laughing at you.
Maybe; but at least you'll have 'official' documentation for the insurance company(s) if need-be.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SwayBar
Maybe; but at least you'll have 'official' documentation for the insurance company(s) if need-be.
Is a hour of your time waiting and a cops time worth the $75 or so for dentless repair? What are you going to do call 911 and tell them its a door ding emergency. My time is worth more than that. Sounds like a lot of road rage here and I would imagine some of you, me included, would probably get your butts whipped if you did say anything or like around here they wouldnt understand what you said in english anyways.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Why wouldn't "they" understand English? Got some issues have you?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Why wouldn't "they" understand English? Got some issues have you?
sure do
Old 08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleman

SO i park in a big lot away from everybody waaaaay out in the back and there is just my car with 50 spots until the next car..
This happened to me this morning at my son's school. I park way out in the lot, no other cars around and when I return 1 hr later Im surround by cars and all the other spaces are still empty. My 5yr old had to get in on my side as the other car was to close to open the door. Thankfully no marks on the car but really - WTF!?!?!

So I calmly reach into my glove box and pull out a copy of the little notes I leave behind in these situations - Mickey Mouse prominently displaying the middle finger with a less than cheery message commenting on their parking skills. Makes me feel better in those situations.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Mickey Mouse prominently displaying the middle finger with a less than cheery message commenting on their parking skills.
Where did you find that type of note pad... I need to stock up as I drop off and pick up my kids everyday.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:54 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Where did you find that type of note pad... I need to stock up as I drop off and pick up my kids everyday.
I found a little comic on the net located here or here or here and I print them myself.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by 911Urge
I found a little comic on the net located here or here or here and I print them myself.

Thank you.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These cars are pretty small so what I do is park on the end, next to the persons passenger side door, not all the way in and maybe even a little crooked. We all drive alone anyway, at least I hope the turds who have this in mind are alone, so I have not been bothered with it yet. I do not know how I would handle it, but I do think a pic and maybe a note are worth it. I would probably call the cops just to get a report as well. It is an accident and it does not matter whether public or private - private just means the turd can't get a ticket - but he could get a ticket if he had no insurance prolly...Sorry to hear about this, hopefully the dent guy can help. I have chosen to leave the scratches in my hood, the dings in the bumper, and the washer nozzles intact just because I don't want to repaint the whole friggin front end.

Quick Reply: Guy opened his door and dinged me..