Sponsored by: DashLynx

CDR-210 into a '95?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:00 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

David, what I meant is how you attached the wire to the radio itself (in the plastic connector that goes to the back of the radio)?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, The bottom right connector is identiffied as Socket A. Pin 6 of socket A is the illumination connection.

Socket A:
Pin #
1 Speed signal (grey/brown)
2 Reverse Signal (brown)
3 Telephone mute (grey)
4 Permanent +12V (yellow)
5 Power Antenna/Amplifier (blue)
6 Illumination (orange)
7 Switched +12V (red)
8 Ground (black)

Some harnesses join Socket A and Socket B together as a 16 pin connector. The upper or Socket B connections are 8 the high level speaker outputs.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dave, thanks! I got that info as the CDR-210 unit I bought came with a manual. Although my manual says that pins 1, 2 and 6 are not used.

What I mean is this. I need to put some sort of a metal female pin into position 6 of the connector A, right? I'd like to see what size and brand connector would fit in there so it makes a good contact and stays in place.

Or am I mistaken and the connector is already there and teh wire already sticking out of position 6?

Also, I'm still nto sure what the reverse wire on pin 2 is supposed to do.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

The conector should already be there.

You can order the pins if they are not already in the connector. Call Becker NA and ask for the pins - part # 61 13 0 007 452. They used to be $1.25 a piece. I have dealt with Burl at Becket NA parts (888) 423-3537

Only the GPS units use the reverse signal, sorry for the confusion.

Dave
Old 09-04-2006, 05:58 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Aha, thanks, Dave!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, well, well. I've taken out my CR-1. There are two original connectors in the car. 10-pin and 8-pin. One fits the back of the CDR-210. The other one does not. The antenna doesn't fit either, but it's a minor issue of an adaptor.

This is odd. There are actually 3 connectors sticking out of the CR-1. One is not connected to anything. There are also 3 connectors on the back of CDR-210. Two main ones are 8-pin connectors.

Short of cutting wires and attaching things, what do you guys think? The reason I bought a CDR-210 is to try and install it painlessly just to have a CD player available. If not, I'll install an aftermarket head unit with a real amp under the seat, real speakers and real wiring. But that's a bigger project than I have time for now.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:32 AM
carrera79
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for sub, just look at this thread :
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/308054-subwoofer-under-seat-5.html#post3601388
i put a clarion SRV 303 under the passenger seat.
fred
Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 PM
95C4VanIsle
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nile13
Well, well, well. I've taken out my CR-1. There are two original connectors in the car. 10-pin and 8-pin. One fits the back of the CDR-210. The other one does not. The antenna doesn't fit either, but it's a minor issue of an adaptor.

This is odd. There are actually 3 connectors sticking out of the CR-1. One is not connected to anything. There are also 3 connectors on the back of CDR-210. Two main ones are 8-pin connectors.

Short of cutting wires and attaching things, what do you guys think? The reason I bought a CDR-210 is to try and install it painlessly just to have a CD player available. If not, I'll install an aftermarket head unit with a real amp under the seat, real speakers and real wiring. But that's a bigger project than I have time for now.
I find myself in a similar situation (except I haven't gotten out the CR-1 yet but have the radio removal tools). I also have a 95 with a CR-1. The radio/cassette player hasn't worked since I purchased the car and I knew that when I purchased the car. I am still content to drive without music but will be going on a one week trip this summer to the Canadian Rockies and I think it would be nice to have a radio/CD player on the trip.

I picked up a CDR-210 last year from another Rennlister (I have the radio code) and contacted Becker last week to order the new harness to connect to the new radio. I live in Canada but my wife was going to Rhode Island to visit her folks this week so I ordered and had the harness shipped to her folk's house. I also ordered a manual for the CDR-210.

It arrived today and she informed me the harness has a plug for the back of the CDR-210 on one end and sixteen wires on the other. Definitely not what I was expecting until I came across this thread. I was hoping it would just be a plug and play.

Additionally, the harness says it is for a CDR-220. I called Becker and they said the harness is the same for the 210 and 220. The wife also informed me that the manual they shipped is for the 220, not the 210. So I will definitely have to return that.

If it looks like I will have to pay someone to do all the spicing that may be needed to get the stereo to work, I might be better off just getting a stereo that has I/phone or I/pod capability. Although I don't like the appearance of many of the new stereos on the market

My car doesn't have HiFi sound, amplifier or cassette changer. It is just the basic stereo set up that came with the car. If there is an easy way to splice the wires for all four speakers, illumination of face plate etc. I would provide that information to the guy who would be installing it (I wouldn't think that all sixteen wires would be needed considering the above-but I am an electrical dummy!).

If anyone could tell me what should be spliced with what I would appreciate it. I would also like to know what the OP was referring to when he said "the antennae doesn't fit either, but it is a minor matter of an adaptor"

Thanks,
Old 06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
wrgreener
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BECKER 210 CDR WIRING

OK, I WANT TO INSTALL A 210 CDR IN A 72.. I NEED HELP IDENTIFYING OR KNOWING WHAT TO DO WITH
A..4-PERMANENT PLUS
6-ILLUMINATION
7-SWITCHED PLUS
8-CHASSIS
B. I KNOW THE SPEAKERS
C. 3-NF-CHASSIS
6-SWITCHED POWER

MY 72 IS SIMPLE POWER...SWITCHED POWER...GROUND
ANY THOUGHTS OR EVEN AN INSTALLATION MANUAL MIGHT HELP
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 PM
wrgreener
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I THINK I HAVE PART FIGURED OUT; B FOR SPEAKERS...C FOR AMP...A FOR HEADUNIT W/ 4 PERMANENT POWER, 7 SWITCHED POWER AND 8 GROUND. WHAT DO I DO WITH 6???

Quick Reply: CDR-210 into a '95?