Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please! In middle of H&R Street coilover install - questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please! In middle of H&R Street coilover install - questions...

**Edited this a bit as its starting to make sense now that I stare at it more...**

Hi Guys;

For those of you that have done this setup, I need some help as I am in the middle of doing the job on the front of the car and want to verify a few things before proceeding...

Ok, I know I have to reuse some of the stock spring perches... but I'm not 100% sure of the way things are installed.

On the new coilover I have two lock collars which will be used at the bottom for height adjustments. There is also an aluminum spring perch of a small diameter that appears to be sized for the tapered part of the spring. Is this infact the lower spring perch? It also has a thin metal ring that appears to fit into a bevel on one side of this new aluminum spring perch.

I assumed then that the parts assembly order from bottom up for the new strut unit is two lock collars, metal ring, new perch (collar side up, bevel for metal ring side down), then spring itself, then all the stock 993 parts at the top. Correct?

There is also a small diameter metal spacer that is the size of the shock shaft and about 1 inch in length, so I assume this comes into play at the top of the shock and replaces the smaller factory spacer located between the stock perch and the upper strut mount/bearing. Does this make sense?

Can anyone please confirm this stuff for me? Many thanks for helping me out.

Cheers;
Eric

Last edited by Racer944; 08-13-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Help Please! In middle of H&R Street coilover install - questions...