Sponsored by:

OT:Jetski World Finals and Havasu Rock Fest-October

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:57 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT:Jetski World Finals and Havasu Rock Fest-October

For those who have a heart for jetskis and watercraft, the Jetski World Finals and Havasu Rock Fest at Lake Havasu is going on the first week of Oct, ending on the 9th. Pretty good time with a boat and/or jetski's but the a new addition going on this year the last weekend. Havasu Rock Fest starts on Friday, Oct. 6th.

Doobie Bros, Cheap Trick, Black Crowes, LIVE, Blues Traveler-plus 20+ more bands. Key nights are Friday and Saturday. This will be my 4th trip in the past 6 years and always have a good time with my buddies. Its a guys trip for me.

Those who know Lake Havasu know the scenery and I need to say no more. For those who dont: Hot women, good entertainment, great party, lots of sun, good music, and an overall good time when this event happens every year.

http://www.lakehavasurockfest.com

Oh yea, the jetski races are cool as well.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:36 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Used to make it to the World Finals many many moons ago when I raced PWC. Haven't been there though in some 10+ years.

If you haven't been there though it's a good time.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
long_beach_968
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there last weekend and they had a sign for the rock fest at the launch ramp. I was like "Doobie what, whos a Trick, who's Crowes, Blues whater?"

sorry, must be too young
Old 08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by long_beach_968
I was there last weekend and they had a sign for the rock fest at the launch ramp. I was like "Doobie what, whos a Trick, who's Crowes, Blues whater?"

sorry, must be too young
Im 37 and I have heard of all of them. I think Cheap Trick was around when I was in grade school, Doobie Bros started before I was potty trainded, Black Crowes and Blues Traveler around since HS and college. I could care less about any of them but its a decent line up for a concert at Lake Havasu.

Im there to enjoy the lake, jetski's, boating and all the stuff is happening. Hooking up with some old high school and college buddies and a few old friends that race pro. Its just a nice weekend getaway with a bunch of stuff going on. Just hope the evil wind curse stays away this year.

I would post pictures of my experiences in Havasu but I would probably end up being banned from the board.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like a blast! Hot Boat capital of the world! If the timing wasn't so bad, I'd bring my Donzi out & party with you guys. We have a club race @ Daytona the next weekend. Back to back, extended hall passes might be a hard score
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
luv2ride
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a kawi 750 w/cali pipe and a 650 painted green known as "the green machine" Stand up of course. Haven't ridden them in 3+ years. Now that my water passion doesn't involve burning fuel. (aka sailing) And now the p-car track thing is taking up allot of my free time. Does anyone want to buy a set of stand up jet ski's?? PM me..
Have fun at the World Finals.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luv2ride
Got a kawi 750 w/cali pipe and a 650 painted green known as "the green machine" Stand up of course. Haven't ridden them in 3+ years. Now that my water passion doesn't involve burning fuel. (aka sailing) And now the p-car track thing is taking up allot of my free time. Does anyone want to buy a set of stand up jet ski's?? PM me..
Have fun at the World Finals.

Sold my Seadoo HX on Ebay last week and the guy came Saturday and picked it up. Same situation as you, have other passions and tend to never ride it. By selling my HX and a bunch of other misc useless stuff collecting dust in my garage and basement on Ebay, I bought rotors and pads from Sunset and 6 Bridgestone S03's from Tire Rack (2 fronts, 4 rears). No out of pocket $$$ for all those parts. Not a bad trade off.

Will have fun in Havasu.

Quick Reply: OT:Jetski World Finals and Havasu Rock Fest-October