Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Aventurine Green in SE MI or OH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 05:36 PM
pcarcraig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Aventurine Green in SE MI or OH?

I'm looking at an Aventurine Green car that is across the country, but have never seen the color in person. I'm in SE Michigan, and if anyone has a car in the region that I could see, I would be grateful.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

That is a great color, subtle and distinctive, and definitely not a cliche color.

See if you dealer keeps the old color samples.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 439 Posts

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward some pictures of mine. I'd post it here, but this re-sizing thing is a PITA for computer illiterate dopes like me.

Jim
Old 07-30-2006, 01:22 AM
pcarcraig
Instructor

Thanks for the suggestion Mike, I really hadn't though that. I'll have to head to the local dealer on Monday and see if they have any samples.

To clarify my post, I should mention that I've seen several pictures of Aventurine Green 993s, but metallics are hard to capture in photographs, and the lines of the 993 flatter almost any color. So, I'm really hoping to see a car in person.

Craig
Old 07-30-2006, 09:24 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Craig, welcome.

As a fellow SE Michigander, I can tell you that off those 993 owners that participate here at Rennlist, none of them have the Adventurine Green. Sorry.

When I was looking at a couple of AG cars--one with a boxster red interior (not my favorite color combo) and another one with a black interior. They were quite nice.

Good luck in your search. When you get one, be sure to hang around here--many of us in the area have talked recently about getting together for a drive.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 AM
fetus
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car is Adventurine Green but sorry I live in California. I have seen several adventurine green cars in So Cal. I love the color. You are correct you have to see it in person. Depending on the light its looks like several diferent colors.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:13 PM
carmad
Advanced

Aventurine green, depending on the light can look anywhere from black, blue, green, gunmetal,grey. Photo will not capture the color, most of the pictures I have the car looks black/blue.

Quick Reply: Any Aventurine Green in SE MI or OH?