Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos - Not for the faint hearted

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:28 PM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just came back from paris last month and saw the same thing everywhere. The parking was bad in London too, but people there have a bit more respect for other peoples property and give a bit more space.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend in college who grew up outside of Paris told me that when parking in Paris, unless you're on a slope, you don't apply the parking brake. Why? Because it's common practice and prefectly accaptable to nudge other cars when parking. If you apply the brake, your bumpers are more likely to be damaged.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:09 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now if would have been a black 993, I would have a little more disturbed but it was a silver one so Im ok.

I would never have the nerve to do that to any car, not even a rental. There are just some real morons out there that dont have any comon sense.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

As sacrilegious as it may be to see a Porsche involved in close contact parking, there is always a funny side to the reality of parking in any sizeable French city.
When we lived in Tours, with a few my work mates we would sardine inside a typical Peugot diesel to go to the inner city for lunch. All wearing de rigeur jackets & ties with no air conditioners made wanting to park the car and get on with an hour plus of dining quite desirable - so any spot would do: that went for everyone else too! Parking on the sidewalks was favoured, despite the signs "interdit sur le trottoir".
Several times, we returned to find our ride sandwiched as the pic in the opening post: the escape technique with five strong backs was to start bouncing the most movable car until it could be inched sideways - usually further onto the sidewalk .... pile into our purring diesel, and escape into the heat: it all seemed a good laugh after an expresso fortified with a touch of Calvados ... 'Cafe Calva' should not be missed ... nor should dining in France ... parking is 'special'.

Quick Reply: Photos - Not for the faint hearted