Sponsored by:

Recommended improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 07:30 AM
CJ Dillon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommended improvements?

I'm sending my '95 993 -- which I've owned for 4 years, enjoy immensely and use as a daily driver -- in for regular service this week.

I'd like to keep the car for another 3-4 years. Any thoughts on the most sensible places to spend money to maintain its value and head off future problems?

The car's in good shape, and other than the fact that it's an automatic, I'm generally happy with it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More info on the current mileage and condition and usage of your car. Since these cars are getting over 10 years in age, it is difficlut to point out any specific areas to spend money on. Belts, hoses, plug wires do come to mind right away, as well as any and all rubber and plastic parts that may or may not be getting cracked and weather worn. The good thing is that you are willing to spend money to keep this car going good.
FS
Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 AM
CJ Dillon
Intermediate

There's roughly 50,000 km (+/- 32,000 miles) on the odometer, and it is driven daily to work, which is a 20km commute. I live in Hong Kong, which is urban and hot (current temps are around 100 F), so those are mostly stop-and-go city miles that are hard on the brakes and tranmission.

The car is maintained regularly by an independent mechanic. And while I don't baby it, I do believe in preventative maintenance.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

HAve you considered an auxillary oil cooler?
Jack

Quick Reply: Recommended improvements?