Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Fixed A/C ... again!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 04:49 PM
993polarsilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post. It's guys like Brian who makes this the best forum on Rennlist! Thanks!!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:04 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the compliments, I'm just always glad to share my experiences.

Here is an updated picture...

See where the arrow points to the evap sensor? I'm not 100% sure what you will see on an "unmolested" car. I believe mine was relocated to the lower portion of the evaporator by the PO so I don't know where it originally is. Anyway, down there you will see a 2 wire lead headed into a grommet. I'm suspecting that the original location just has the sensor itself plugged into that grommet. So you might get lucky and just find the sensor there to pull right out. On mine, I found the grommet with wires entering there, but I had to get into the evap to remove it. Fairly easy though. Take off the passenger side cover to the pollen filter to the far left of the picture above. Remove the pollen filter. Look into that opening now with a flashlight and you are looking at the evap. Mine was stuck in the bottom of the evap which I could reach through that opening.

Also, since mine was previously molested, I had to cut the wires and very forcibly pull them back out the grommet. There was no plug mechanism anywhere. I'm curious as to what a "normal" system looks like.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Fixed A/C ... again!