Sponsored by:

* Pictures * Deutsche Classic - Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006 | 11:21 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Default * Pictures * Deutsche Classic - Pennsylvania

Hi guyz n galz,

Wifey and I moseyed down to Pennsylvania Sat. morning (133 miles one way) for the "Deutsche Classic Car Show" in Fleetwood, PA.

The 'theme' was, as you might guess: GERMAN cars - and boy was there a selection!

Here's the pix:

http://i-fly.freeyellow.com/miscell/deutsche/index.htm

And ...ummm ....I took 1st. prize for "best engine".
(Thanx 303 protectant! )

G.
Old 07-10-2006 | 11:28 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Did you get that windshield fixed yet?
Old 07-10-2006 | 11:30 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Great pic's, thanks for posting.
Old 07-10-2006 | 11:34 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Did you get that windshield fixed yet?
Hiya,
Nope ....I ordered both the outer and inner gaskets from sunsetimports last Fri so my 'glass replacement fandango' will probably take place end of this month.
G.
Old 07-10-2006 | 01:49 PM
jnor10
Instructor

Enjoyed the pic's. Great variety of cars.

Thanks for posting.

Jeff N.
Old 07-10-2006 | 02:53 PM
Davies
Burning Brakes

Love the three-wheeled Isetta shots! That was my Dad's first car, and I've only ever seen B&W shots of it in the ol' family album...
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:52 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Congrats!

Better make some more room for those trophies. Looks like you'll be needing it!
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:59 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Great pics! I want to club race an Isetta Bubblecar!
Old 07-20-2006 | 07:04 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

How did you get the inside of your wheels so clean? they look amazing! What products do you use for that (aside from elbow grease)?
Old 07-20-2006 | 07:07 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95993
How did you get the inside of your wheels so clean? they look amazing! What products do you use for that (aside from elbow grease)?
Yeah G...how did you get the insides so clean?? I love hearing him tell that story.
Old 07-21-2006 | 02:03 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Yeah G...how did you get the insides so clean?? I love hearing him tell that story.
Oh man, u guyz are a riot!

1. Jack up car.
2. Take off EACH wheel (in turn).
3. Rinse n' scrub EACH wheel (esp. the 'insides') until it looks clean. (Memo to self: this will be one of the filthiest jobs you will have ever done in your life - not including the time u spent getting your 'digs' clean after you graduated - so that you could get your 'deposit' back (to buy more beer!)). Wear 'discardable clothing'. Keep the tin of 'GoJo' handy. You get the picture.
4. To 'keep' the insides clean ...spray/smear a THIN layer of 'PAM' on the insides. (This will 'prevent' brake dust from adhering coz now the inner-wheel is 'non-stick'.)

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:18 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

PAM?? I get it. New to the site, lets have fun with this joker.... Next you will be saying to keep the windshield from rattling you take thin strips of SPAM and layer under the gasket....

Pam huh. Makes sense but what made you come up with that? What solution did you use for the cleaning part?
Old 07-21-2006 | 02:27 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

PAM?? I get it. New to the site, lets have fun with this joker.... Next you will be saying to keep the windshield from rattling you take thin strips of SPAM and layer under the gasket....

Pam huh. Makes sense but what made you come up with that? What solution did you use for the cleaning part?
Hi,
Read it on ANOTHER forum ...(I think it was the BMW crowd).
My (OEM) wheels were caked with cosmoline. This stuff certainly does its job (anti-rust) but is absolutely atrocious ...plus it's, ahem, reputed to be carcinogenic.
A GOOD stiff nylon brush or two (yes, you'll "trash" them in the process of 'doing' FOUR wheels). Copious amounts of a very strong detergent e.g. "Dawn" just to get the 'nice' dirt off first. Then use some kerosene or paint-thinner to 'remove' the cosmoline. Your hands, clothes etc. WILL turn BLACK. You have been warned. Rinse and repeat the process until, when you've rinsed the wheel, -- it actually DOES look 'clean'. When clean, let it dry and do the PAM thing. Repeat for the other 3 wheels. Plan on spending your Saturday afternoon doing this -- esp. if you have 'only' a "one wheel at a time hydraulic jack".

G.
Old 07-21-2006 | 02:33 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Fortunately I have a lift, so that shoud make things move along nicely. When I replace the pads, I will do this the same day. Your car is WAAAAY too clean!
Old 07-21-2006 | 02:42 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Fortunately I have a lift, so that shoud make things move along nicely. When I replace the pads, I will do this the same day. Your car is WAAAAY too clean!
Gracias.

BTW, if you can, try NOT to let the paint-thinner/kerosene 'migrate' to the front of the wheel. Remember, you're trying to de-skankify the 'back' of the wheel -- not mess up the 'finish' of the front part. ("First ...do NO harm.")

If you don't have any kerosene handy ...nip off to Pepboyz/Autozone and buy/use "Bug and Tar remover" -- THAT, (personally speaking), works fabulously too. (And DOESN'T mess up the 'front part' of the wheel either.)

Have fun!

G.

Quick Reply: * Pictures * Deutsche Classic - Pennsylvania