Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone in chicago have a windshield replaced without rust or other issues in 2 years?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone in chicago have a windshield replaced without rust or other issues in 2 years?

I'd like to get my windshield replaced (it will be covered under my insurance since a semi-truck on the highway threw a rock that caused a small star crack on the highway) So far the crack hasn't spread and isn't right in my primary view so I've been ignoring it for the most part.

I've been reluctant to get it fixed for fear of improper installation and rust happening in 2 years (like the warnings I keep reading about the noisy winshields or rust)

So has anyone in chicagoland gotten a replacement windshield more than 2 years ago and NOT had any problems?

I'd like to go somewhere that actually knows what they are doing and has actually done a 993 before!

...so I was wondering if anyone in chicagoland
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't help with your area...but, another thought; have you considered having it repaired since it hasn't "traveled"? I was a doubter until I had TWO stone cracks at Mid Ohio last year 8 days after a new windshield was installed, and had Safelight repair both. I could not find the flaws after they were done, and still see nothing of them to this day. Mine too would have been covered under insurance, but I wanted to avoid the potential replacement issues.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

I would not replace it if you didn't have to. Why risk it?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yes, I can have it repaired as well... but it is pitted pretty badly from all the DE days so I thought perhaps it was a 'blessing in disguise' ...maybe it isn't?

I was told I can get it repaired and won't see the repair for $80 and that it would also probably be 100% covered under insurance.

Maybe that is the better route to go? Basicly I have the option of making insurance replace it or repair it on their dime...
Old 07-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well....if the pitting is bad enough, like you can't see driving into the sun, then maybe you should have it replaced..........how's that for sitting firmly on the fence, arguing both sides?
Old 07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

lol... ARG!!!

Quick Reply: anyone in chicago have a windshield replaced without rust or other issues in 2 years?