Sponsored by: DashLynx

303 aerospace "protectant"

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 303 aerospace "protectant"

OK kiddies ...you may have read that I just recently became a convert to '303 aerospace 'cleaner''...

Yesterday (in the garage ...coz it's raining buckets outside here in the NY area!) I did the 303-aerospace-PROTECTANT fandango ...and, yep, just like in the movie Shrek ..."I'm a believer".

The stuff looks like 'milk' ...so it's fairly obvious if you have some that extends past 'trim'. No biggie ...the stuff does NOT dry to a hard substance ...and can be wiped away with no fuss.

I would normally use 'back-to-black' or 'endurance' on my black trim and/or upholstery & vinyl or tires ...but geez loueez this stuff seems to just LOVE anything of that sort.

The GOD-SEND (for those of us who compete in concours) is that it does NOT turn your trim etc. into something that looks like a glazed donut. Fellas, I gotta tell ya, this stuff is amazing. It makes your trim/rubber etc. looks CLEAN and almost brand-new WITHOUT it looking 'cheesy', if you know what I mean. And for the likes of the top of the dashboard, if you rub it just a bit 'more' ...it softens the shine -- so that the dash doesn't 'reflect' in the glass -- which is much better inasfar as 'visibility' is concerned.

Yesterday evening (hey it's 10AM ...and I just got up!) I did all the trim and the whole interior of the car -- and this morning I sauntered out (after putting out the cats) to the garage to 'check my work'. I gotta say, I'm stunned. Not only does ALL the trim/etc. look 'dark black and (semi-shiny) clean' but there's NO DUST!!! (This stuff has anti-static properties.)

So now you have it -- the cat is AGAIN out of the bag ...to REALLY keep your trim/rubber/vinyl etc. looking GRRRREAT ...(+ UV protected) ...it's gotta be 303.

G.
OK, time to log off ...and get my breakfast !!! (Weetabix!)
Old 06-25-2006, 11:17 AM
AndrewM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using 303 for a couple of years, fantastic stuff! The only thing that makes the whale tail on the old 930 look great.
Drew
Old 06-25-2006, 11:55 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Where can you buy it?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:02 PM
AndrewM
Pro

In Michigan it's in one of our auto chain store "Murray's" not hard to find at all. I've seen it in some boat supply type stores also.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:21 PM
f_scaife
Instructor

I have been using it on my boat for 5 years. I should have bought stock. It is great stuff. As mentioned above, if you have a marine supply store or boat dealership nearby, they will almost certainly carry it.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

So does it not leave a "greasy" residue like Back to Black?
Everytime i get out of the car and close the door (usually by grabing the window frame) I have back to black residue on my hands
Old 06-25-2006, 02:44 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

I got mine on Ebay, great stuff!
Get the big bottle! Chris
Old 06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

I think its also a great conditioners for all the rubber door seals... I've used it for all my cars and my Honda is 12 years old with 250k miles... and all the seals are still in great shape... for all you cab people in cab country... this is for you guys.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

I feel like I just posted this (can't remember where), but autogeek.net is running a special on the cleaner for $29.99 a gallon (regularly $45). No affiliation.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Blue Ocean
So does it not leave a "greasy" residue like Back to Black?
Everytime i get out of the car and close the door (usually by grabing the window frame) I have back to black residue on my hands
Hi,

Yep, am familiar with 'b2b' and 'endurance'. Both do a good job but, sadly, both do leave a residue. ('Endurance' being the worst of the two.)

Being new to this product I experimented a tad and found 303 protectant "dries" to a milky-colored 'smear' -- which you can just rub off with a terry cloth. When you CLOSELY examine the result of wiping away the smear -- there's NO tell-tale 'ring' or discoloration and definitely nothing on the tip of your finger if you do the 'finger-tip-test'.

Wholeheartedly recommended! -- ESPECIALLY for the 'window frame' area !!!

G.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
cb951
Rennlist Member

I just bought some 303 for the first time, but haven't used it yet. How is it for tires? For interior vinyl?

I haven't found anything I like since the Wax Shoppe protectant I used to use. Loved it, but they changed the formula to a shinier, greasier finish. Tried various others and eventually settled on Griot's Vinyl & Rubber Dressing. But, after using only this (after occasional cleaning with Griot's Rubber Cleaner), my new-ish tires are now brown. Reminds me of the original Armor-All from the mid seventies.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

303 rocks on anything vinyl. It's great for protecting the dash and rear deck from sun damage as well...
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Wow, this is an old thread revival.

I think 303 works great on older cars, esp the vinyl dash of the 993.

But warning: on some modern cars it will stain certain plastics. So be cautious and always test first.

For newer cars I've been using the German-made Einszett products with better success: http://www.1z-usa.com/einszett_dash_...c_cleaner.html
Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
303 rocks on anything vinyl. It's great for protecting the dash and rear deck from sun damage as well...
Any evidence that it "outgasses" from interior materials causing "haze" on the inside glass?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, old thread but it this has my attention. Amazon shows 303 Cleaner and also 303 Protectant. Which of these products does this thread relate to?
The following users liked this post:
Paolo1 (10-22-2020)

Quick Reply: 303 aerospace "protectant"