Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bay Area Valentine 1 Users: X & K bands?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Valentine 1 Users: X & K bands?

after having my v1 for 2 weeks i have to come to depend on the Ka alerts (everytime i have gotten one i have had visual confirmation of cop in my vicinity), but am annoyed (almost constantly) by what appear to be false k and x band alerts so i am thinking of disabling them (found the instructions on the v1 web site: http://valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp). what do other BA V1 users think? has anyone else done this? do any police in our area use radar detectors on the x and k band frequnecies? also, i noticed that at least once i had a false "J" (junk) displayed to me (i know it was not junk because the cop was about 20 yards in front of me pulling over a another driver). so just because it says "J" doesn't necessarily make it junk.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:45 AM
ajlevine
Track Day

I agree, I've had my V1 in the Bay Area for over a year and get constant X & K noise, and have never had one be a live police officer. I have had a K hit that was a radar sign once (San Rafael PD). I basically tune out the X & K and pay attention to the Ka. I've considered shutting them off too.

-Andy
Old 06-25-2006, 01:39 AM
f_scaife
Instructor

I have had local police and sheriff department radar at times use the older "K" band, but the X is a definite tune out. When I get a Ka alert, I KNOW it is serious.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I turned off X when I lived there. Just don't do like I did and forget to turn it back on for an interstate road trip

Quick Reply: Bay Area Valentine 1 Users: X & K bands?