Sponsored by:

Pictures * Connecticut Valley PCA - Father's Day Concours

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:05 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pictures * Connecticut Valley PCA - Father's Day Concours

Wife and I left Long Island, 7am, and moseyed up to "The Litchfield Inn" Connecticut for the luncheon and "People's Choice Concours".

I had my work cut out for me undoing 80 miles of 'bug-kill' ...but it worked out in the end... ...I, umm .... took 2nd. place in the '1989---1998' class.

Here's the pix.

http://i-fly.freeyellow.com/miscell/...ours/index.htm

As usual, if any y'all see any pix that you like ...feel free to 'save-as' ...I have no problem with that.

G.

Last edited by g_murray; 06-19-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff great pics. We need someone here in Michigan to organize an event like that.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Racking up the trophies I see.

I stopped by Detailing Dynamics on Sat. and spoke to Matt for a while. I mentioned you and he said...'Oh....that nut?!' Just kidding of course.

Seriously....congrats!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:35 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Looks like you had a great Father's Day! Thanks for the photos, very nice. Chris
Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's just mean of them to park you in a gravel parking lot--nothing like fighting the dust.

Great job though.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:35 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by InTheAir
That's just mean of them to park you in a gravel parking lot--nothing like fighting the dust.

Great job though.
Thanx guyz.

Ya know, it just seemed to be an 'unspoken rule' ...the gravel/dust thing, I mean. We ALL, as we got our paperwork at the 'entrance', just drove v. slowly towards the guys 'directing traffic' and then slowly backed our respective vehicles into their designated spots. Very gentlemanly indeed!

This was my first time here and my very first time competing at an event 'out of state'. Gotta say the CVA was very well organized and the drive - east and, moreso, 'off of' I-84 - was very enjoyable/scenic.

On the return trip home - as we drove south along I-684 I spotted, in my rear-view mirror, an Aston Martin DB9 cabriolet with a teen + his babe in it. They spotted me and moved from behind and left into the passing lane with their thumbs up as they zoomed by.

Then further on a guy (who looked like Kenny Rodgers!) zoomed by in a mid 80's 911 - guard's red with MA plates -- we simultaneously beeped our horns and grinned at each other.

Stuff like this makes the wife roll her eyes ...but I think it adds to life's enjoyment factor.

G.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:00 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics. Not a bad way to spend Father's day. Congrats on the trophy. Great looking car, although I'm a little biased. Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Pictures * Connecticut Valley PCA - Father's Day Concours