Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal binding a little bit at bottom

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clutch pedal binding a little bit at bottom

I know the clutch pedals hanging up is a pretty common thing given the number of threads I've found on this topic in doing a search. My pedal is NOT sticking or hanging up as described by others in the threads I found.

Everything seems to be working just fine with the clutch and pedal except that some of the time (not always) the pedal feels like its meeting some resistance right near the very bottom of the range at the point just before the pedal is fully depressed.

It feels to me like a cable is binding up slightly just before the pedal gets to the floor. Funny thing is that this doesn't seem to be the case every single time.

What exactly should I be looking for if I try pulling up the carpet etc? I saw the DIY on Robin's site but that seemed to be more geared towards the pedal not fully releasing or hanging up once you take your foot away.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue with my clutch. It sorta clicked about 2/3rds of the way to the bottom. My clutch was also very heavy. I talked to a bunch of people and contemplated changing out the clutch slave but in the end changed over to a light weight flywheel. I was told that the likely culprit was the needle bearings (IIRC). The clutch is buttery smooth now and very light.

Hopefully a more simple explaination is in store for you. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:40 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whats a needle bearing?

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal binding a little bit at bottom