993 Forum 1995-1998

Seat height

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
BTW, I have never measured the gain. It "seems close to an inch" to me and others, but it could be closer to .81997993 inches. Or, maybe wrestling with those rediculously heavy stock power seats just causes one to become shorter?

OK, so I can verify that moving the seat to the second hole DOES increase headroom. I sat in several 993 coupes on Tuesday; all had the same very cramped headroom, with the exception of one. That particular car had partial power seat, to which I attributed the extra room. I have just verified that extra headroom was actually due to that being the only car I sat in that had the seat in the second hole!

So excellent news for me; I can fit in the coupe! Only have 1/2" of headroom, but it sounds like I can have some of the seat padding removed, possibly put some rails in that are a little shorter, and I should be in good shape... now if I can get enough room to wear a helmet <g>

For those who appreciate unique examples, here is one of cars I am looking at. Pictures do not do the color justice.

http://www.intlsportscars.com/view_l...ng&inv_id=2355
Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Don't lift
Rennlist Member

For those need a rise..........automotion/performance products sells a "Seat Elevation Kit" raising your seat 20mm (3/4").
Old 07-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayenne Austin
OK, so I can verify that moving the seat to the second hole DOES increase headroom. I sat in several 993 coupes on Tuesday; all had the same very cramped headroom, with the exception of one. That particular car had partial power seat, to which I attributed the extra room. I have just verified that extra headroom was actually due to that being the only car I sat in that had the seat in the second hole!

So excellent news for me; I can fit in the coupe! Only have 1/2" of headroom, but it sounds like I can have some of the seat padding removed, possibly put some rails in that are a little shorter, and I should be in good shape... now if I can get enough room to wear a helmet <g>

For those who appreciate unique examples, here is one of cars I am looking at. Pictures do not do the color justice.

http://www.intlsportscars.com/view_l...ng&inv_id=2355
Can't tell from the photos; does the car have a sunroof? The option codes would tend to indicate that it doesn't.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Originally Posted by phelix
Can't tell from the photos; does the car have a sunroof? The option codes would tend to indicate that it doesn't.
Sure does- if it was sunroof delete, I would already own it

Have not found any (yet) sunroof delete cars; if I can, then all the headroom issues are moot.

Quick Reply: Seat height