Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help cel

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:31 PM
hawk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DISCLAIMER TIME!...I am not saying get a reader and reset the codes to get rid of the pesty CEL, check the codes or have them checked by an authorized Porsche service center and ENSURE that there is nothing wrong with your car...there may be a valid reason for the CEL coming on and your car may need some repair...that being said; I recently had an authorized Porsche service center with a Porsche Master mechanic put the Porsche super duper code checker outer on my car during a tech inspection, since my CEL just came on before the tech inspection, to ensure that the car was indeed ok and I was not missing something with my $100 reader, the car was ok and the codes were reset by the Porsche super duper code checker outer ...disclaimer over...gentlemen...start your engines...
Old 06-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Spuds993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not 100% sure that the 1995 993 (OBD1) have the same connector as the 1996 (OBD2) and on cars.

josephla, is your car a 1995?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josephla
came home tonight disconnected the battery for five minutes no cel now. The guys at pep boys said that they did not have the adapter to plug into my porsche. Does anyone think that this has to do with the fabspeed air box cover? or maybe i just pushed the fuel reserve too far?
Remember, by disconnecting the battery ...you're ALSO now going to have to re-enter the radio code!

(You DO remember where you wrote it down ...errr ....right?!)

Quick Reply: Help cel