Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 AM
Christoph_Li
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convertible

hey guys,
i got a problem
I am looking forward to get a 964 or 993 cab. So i am trying to figure out which one will work better for me.
i still have my 996 c2. i desided to hold it, everything is new and this car is in a pretty good shape. it still stays in germany, i am going to use it for vacations back home

since i live in california (half year) i am looking forward to buy my first aircooled. we have a very good german board with a lot of air-enthusiats.
i don't like to ask the "what is better question"
i saw this on ebay:

ebay
what are your thoughts about this? I know, i dont like this wheels. . .
however,
give me some input
Old 06-06-2006, 03:01 AM
hidden
Advanced

Looks okay. not a fan of the rims. All the lines look straight. not sure what that pillow thing is under the top boot. 89K.. i guess if the price is right then go for it.

I got my 1995 cab in April with 36K on the odo for about 35k.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with hidden, I'm not a fan of the wheels, but it is priced correctly for having 90,000 miles. In fact, for those miles, the Buy-It-Now price is probably right on.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

The top looks a bit worn in the photo with it up. And I'm not sure what this issue is with it down. Maybe it just didn't fold right but that's how you get holes punched it in. At 89K, may need replaced.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:47 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I would not prefer white but if you can live with the color you should follow-up on documentation and records. A new clutch/flywheel, brakes, roof and a engine rebuilt can make a good looking deal expensive. A PPI is a must and with this mileage a would spend the money for a compression and leak down test. The buy now price seems to be unusually low for ebay. If you are unsure walk away and go for the next car. There are a lot of nice cars out there.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: convertible