Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

After a search still questions about the Immobilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After a search still questions about the Immobilizer?

After a day at the track and after the last run I went to unlock the car and nothing happened when the remote button was pressed. So at this point I manually unlocked the door and the alarm started sounding. Nothing would stop this so I had the car brought home on the flat bed. At this stage both seats are out Nothing seems to be wrong with the Alarm Module and I’m leaning towards the Immobilizer module ( 993 618 159 02). I know the key switch contact for the chimes ( 911 613 125 00) could also be at fault but I could use some help with this. I also do not have the 4 digit code for the remotes. I was told that this code was on the bottom of the immobilizer? Do I need to drill the four rivets that hold the plate over the immobilizer? Any help would be appreciated on how to diagnose this problem.

jv
Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by John Velasco
After a day at the track and after the last run I went to unlock the car and nothing happened when the remote button was pressed. So at this point I manually unlocked the door and the alarm started sounding. Nothing would stop this so I had the car brought home on the flat bed. At this stage both seats are out Nothing seems to be wrong with the Alarm Module and I’m leaning towards the Immobilizer module ( 993 618 159 02). I know the key switch contact for the chimes ( 911 613 125 00) could also be at fault but I could use some help with this. I also do not have the 4 digit code for the remotes. I was told that this code was on the bottom of the immobilizer? Do I need to drill the four rivets that hold the plate over the immobilizer? Any help would be appreciated on how to diagnose this problem.

jv
Not sure about the code being on the bottom of the immobilizer. I got mine of Friday from the dealer. Have you changed the battery in your remote lately?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

I have new batteries in the remotes and the car. I have gone through most all the threads in this forum and my concern is not having definitive evidence of an immobilizer failure. A new immobilizer module is about 1100.00 even from Pelican. I’m about to take it to the dealer and hope for the best. Like I said the seats are out, it wouldn’t be a stretch to put the new module in and program remotes. I still need to know if I need to drill the rivets or am I missing something?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
hidden
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jv
Hi,

Do you think it would be possible to take a snap shot of the passenger under seat area? My car has a huge amp under the passenger seat and the immobilizer was way back loose under the rear floor mat. It had major water damage to it and I bought a used one from someone on here. I'm interested in putting it back in the stock location. I would be greatful if you can post a picture of whats under the passenger seat. Thank you,

dave
Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

When the light is better tomorrow I will post a pic. I have the factory amp., alarm module
And another module that I have know idea of it’s function.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:24 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

here's a photo to show you exactly how the immobilizer module looks.. I have a spare FS still if you need one.

NOTE I have photos here of 2 (One is OEM original from the car and the other is brand new replacement part)
Attached Images     
Old 06-05-2006, 11:24 PM
hidden
Advanced

When the light is better tomorrow I will post a pic. I have the factory amp., alarm module
I believe the one with the blue connectors is the cruise control module.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

I have new batteries in the remotes and the car. I have gone through most all the threads in this forum and my concern is not having definitive evidence of an immobilizer failure. A new immobilizer module is about 1100.00 even from Pelican. I’m about to take it to the dealer and hope for the best. Like I said the seats are out, it wouldn’t be a stretch to put the new module in and program remotes. I still need to know if I need to drill the rivets or am I missing something?
I will wait and hear what others have to say before rushing off to the dealer.

Programming those remotes are not that easy..at least for myself and several others. I got my code on Friday and spent a great part of Saturday without success. Tomorrow I'll be going to a different dealer to see if the first dealer gave me the correct code. Either the code is incorrect or my immobilizer is not the original.

I have searched here and other sites for info' on the immobilizer and I have not seen anywhere mentioned, where if you drill the rivets you can get the code. Some folks have mentioned disconnecting the horn while you try and reset it etc. This way it is not as annoying while you work on it.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
hidden
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceboyd
here's a photo to show you exactly how the immobilizer module looks.. I have a spare FS still if you need one.

NOTE I have photos here of 2 (One is OEM original from the car and the other is brand new replacement part)
Where is this code everyone keeps talking about? My car didn't come with any key fob remotes.. And now that I got the used immobilizer from you I want to program some key fobs and get this back to stock so I can lock and unlock the car. I'm not sure the one you sent me had any codes on it.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
hidden
Advanced

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
I will wait and here what others have to say before rushing off the dealer.

Programming those remotes are not that easy..at least for myself and several others. I got my code on Friday and spent a great part of Saturday without success. Tomorrow I'll be going to a different dealer to see if the first dealer gave me the correct code. Either the code is incorrect or my immobilizer is not the original.

I have searched here and other sites for info' on the immobilizer and I have not seen anywhere mentioned, where if you drill the rivets you can get the code. Some folks have mentioned disconnecting the horn while you try and reset it etc. This way it is not as annoying while you work on it.
Is it possible to yank a fuse for the horn without it affecting anything else you need for programming?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 PM
hidden
Advanced

i would really appreciate it. I don't think my car has a stock amp.. this thing takes alot of room up and I think thats why the alarm unit was moved. I just want everything back to stock.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hidden
Is it possible to yank a fuse for the horn without it affecting anything else you need for programming?
I'm not sure, do a search on 'fuse 11', someone mention they had a faulty fuse that was affecting things....I'll do a search also..
Old 06-05-2006, 11:34 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
I'm not sure, do a search on 'fuse 11', someone mention they had a faulty fuse that was affecting things....I'll do a search also..
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...highlight=fuse
Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The immobilizer code is programmed into your ECU and NOT the lock/unlock module IIRC (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong).. but in my case I could plug-n-play all 3 modules I had and all worked fine
Old 06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

I might be a bit confused, but isn’t the picture of the alarm module?

jv

Quick Reply: After a search still questions about the Immobilizer?