sold 'em

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:08 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ceboyd
that was my leftover stash of DSSRs

I guess I've gotten so spoiled with all the 'noise' and 'feedback' from the DSSRs and had forgotten what the MPSCs were like that I used 2 years ago. All last year and the beginning of this season (until this past weekend) were DSSRs

How do you like the Toyo RA-1s Eric? What sizes are you running anyway considering they don't make 265 or 285s for the rear?
Gotcha.

The jury is still out on the RA1. I'm running 245/275, which is a great combo. But I'm getting a LOT of outside edge wear on the rears (and very little on the front) after just 3 days running 36/39 psi F/R (with -2/-2.4 deg camber F/R). So I'm trying to fix that, and I've ended up at 36/44 psi. Weird. I have 5.5 days so far but I'm not sure I'll hit my goal of 10 due to the rears wearing. But so far I love them despite that they don't seem to be well designed for 911s. Also getting some inside rubbing at driver's side front. I need to find a hub-centric 5mm spacer or something.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Wow, those MPSC's are indeed like new! I certainly hope you someone here gets them
What do you want for the wheels and tires?
yes indeed.... They just got mounted and balanced within the last 2 weeks and only used them just now for 1 DE

I guess I'll give them one more try if no one here buys them. I've done a bunch of searching this morning here on rennlist and lots of people are saying that new MPSCs are very greasy and don't perform at their best until after 2 DEs so now I'm wondering all over again If that is indeed true, then I'm probably selling them at just the right time to be almost 'just right' but I was just so frustrated.

I'm used to getting consistant 1:37s with 1:36 as best time in the same conditions (track temp, outside temp) and best I could get was a 1:39 with consistant 1:40s lap after lap so I dunno.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

FWIW:

New price on these MPSCs off TireRack is $1140 (before shipping is added)

The hollow spokes have no rim rash, and I watched the tires being mounted and balanced so I know they are straight and true. There is no rim rash but there are some small scuffs and scratches/marks here and there from use. One of the rear rims was probably dragged along the ground at one time because it has rim rash on the INSIDE back (doesn't affect tire mount/bead at all and is only cosmetic if you happen to take a flashlight and look at the back inside of your wheel) --- in other words, a concourse guy might go ape over the reverse rash on that back rim but the ROW will never notice.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ceboyd
FWIW:

New price on these MPSCs off TireRack is $1140 (before shipping is added)
Then, what are you asking for the wheels and tires. I have a good friend looking for a set of track wheels/tires.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:53 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Then, what are you asking for the wheels and tires. I have a good friend looking for a set of track wheels/tires.

Thanks!

...sent you a PM... LMK

At this point (based on some of the PMs I got) I might just end up trying again one more DE and see if I can get better results the next time around.

...but it seems the hotter climates favor the MPSCs much more than midwest average climates (like the 68 degree outside temps we had this weekend)
Old 06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris
Are you sure those are Technology wheels (hollow spoke)? Maybe it's just the photos, but the valve stems look like the recessed rubber ones on the solid spoke Turbo Looks rather than the metal stems w/visible mounting nut on the Technology.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That way we'll know....

Originally Posted by STLPCA
Chris
Are you sure those are Technology wheels (hollow spoke)? .

ms boyd....Since you have the wheels off the car, why not post both the wheel part numbers AND the askin' price. That way the pesky questions and the bandwidth will be sharply reduced.....C'mon! This ain't e-bay. You got a knowledgable gung-ho group of HONEST folks....

chris
Old 06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by STLPCA
Chris
Are you sure those are Technology wheels (hollow spoke)? Maybe it's just the photos, but the valve stems look like the recessed rubber ones on the solid spoke Turbo Looks rather than the metal stems w/visible mounting nut on the Technology.

They are 100% metal stems (not rubber) and YES they are FLAT hollow spokes on the reverse side.

No offense to anyone here on rennlist but I know the difference between hollow spokes, solid spokes and replica. I even had someone at the track put his hand around 2 of my spokes and compliment that I was using the hollow's instead of the solid spokes.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jack of Hearts
ms boyd....Since you have the wheels off the car, why not post both the wheel part numbers AND the askin' price. That way the pesky questions and the bandwidth will be sharply reduced.....C'mon! This ain't e-bay. You got a knowledgable gung-ho group of HONEST folks....

chris

..actually, I do NOT have them off the car yet... I do know that for some strange reason the BACK wheels have 2 part numbers on one of the FLAT hollow spokes and I dread posting the wrong one...

..but once I DO have them off the car, I have no problems cleaning them up front and back and will take photos front and back to clearly show all 4 are indeed hollow spoked as a I stated.. (as in put all 4 face down on the lawn to show all 4 match hollow spoked in back in the photo)..

There is no way to hide a hollow spoke vs. solid spoke vs. replica with a backside photo!

Fellow Rennlisters, I would NOT advertise this set of wheels as hollow spoked if they are solid spoke.

I guess I should run out an take a better close up of the valve stem to show it's metal now
Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Hollow Spokes can very well have two different numbers, as there is a superceded number for the identical wheel.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:30 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This SHOULD help clear things up a bit:

obviously it's a bit difficult to get rear pics while on the car

but here...
Attached Images     
Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

and this is what I meant about 2 part numbers on the back of one of the spokes BTW

(to those of you who think I'm some girly-girl who doesn't know the difference, shame on you!)

Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I've read your posts and know you know your stuff....I figured you could shut up the naysayers with the part nos....but the fotos do the job just as well.

Now.....THE ASKING PRICE IS......???????

Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jack of Hearts
Actually, I've read your posts and know you know your stuff....I figured you could shut up the naysayers with the part nos....but the fotos do the job just as well.

Now.....THE ASKING PRICE IS......???????

thanks.. sent you a PM on my asking price..

..I am working with another rennlister right now but there has not been a 'yes' I'll take 'em but I feel he should have 1st option on them (waiting to hear back now)

Quick Reply: sold 'em