Sponsored by:

Nokia DSP not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:19 PM
doogle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokia DSP not working

Got into my car yesterday having not driven it for a couple of weeks. I turned on the radio and no sound came out of my speakers (the radio was fine). I lifted up the armrest to have a look at the Nokia DSP panel and all the lights were off and it didn't respond to button pushes.

I've had a search but no-one else seems to have had a problem like this. Could it be something simple like a fuse? Anyone tell me where it might be located.
Or just a loose power cable to the amp (which is under the passenger seat right?). Unfortunately I'm not at home now and I didn't get time to investigate further.
Any help/ideas appreciated.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:23 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Don,

The power "switch" line into the Amp is on the 8 pin DIN plug into the BAck of the stereo and (IIRC) also into the Nokia AMP under the seat. The main power line into the amp is in the bigger (20 pin?) flat blade style connector on the amp under the seat too.

I'd check the smaller 8 pin DIN line hasn't worked loose.

I think you should also hear a small "click" from under the seat as you tun on the stereo (and it then turns on the amp too).

I think there is a seperate fuse for the AMp too (15Amp). Just not with the car right now to check!

Hope you figure it out.

Clive
Old 06-04-2006, 03:21 PM
doogle
Instructor

Thanks Clive,

I'll have a good look and try a few pins with my voltmeter when I get home tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 PM
doogle
Instructor

Seems to have fixed itself . I love P-cars

Quick Reply: Nokia DSP not working