Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My indie is moving his shop out of the area. Marylander's - where do you take yours?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts
Default My indie is moving his shop out of the area. Marylander's - where do you take yours?

I live in the Rockville MD area and have been going to Eurosport for that past few years for oil changes and any other fixes on my car. He used to work for Autotherapy and opened up his own shop much closer to my house. Is there a reasonably priced Porsche shop near Rockville OTHER than Autotherapy in Gaithersburg? They're a bit out of the way for me.

This indie I've been going to charged me $235 for the last oil change. I thought it was high, so I called Tischer Porsche and the dealer charges the same amount!!! Gosh that's alot of money for an oil change. It broke down to $100 for the oil, $42 for 2 oil filters, and $96 for labor (1 hour). I am NOT a DIY'er so that's not an option for me.

I don't want to commute to Virginia for service. I'd rather not go to Gaithersburg if I don't have to. If I can't find a more local shop, I guess I'll have no alternative but to go back to Autotherapy. There's no way I'm going to follow my indie to his new shop in Ijamsville (almost near Frederick) for service! It's bad enough we have to get our granite countertops out there in Ijamsville. We just picked out a top, but they mistakenly sold it to another person so we have to go all the way back out there to pick yet another top in 3 weeks when more comes in. Here it is (was) with my wife posing in front of it:

It's 50 minutes from our house. The funny thing is, my indie is moving right behind our granite and marble dealer!

Thanks in advance if you know of a closer place in Silver Spring or Rockville MD.

Steve R
Old 05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Steve,

What about ASG? It's not close to Rockville but it's about as close to me as I am to my mechanic, GT Performance.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

Thanks Mark. I will take my car to ASG for the eventual CEL repair (Secondary Air issue) but for general maintenance, I don't cross the American Legion Bridge into Virginia unless I'm shopping with my wife and she HAS to go to Neimans or Saks down there! Da*m Virginia drivers and their gridlock traffic. I'm sure they say the same thing about us Marylanders.

Peace,
Steve R

Quick Reply: My indie is moving his shop out of the area. Marylander's - where do you take yours?