Old 05-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Viken? I am glad he is gone - I always hated that guy.

Any real old timers remember where that came from?
that guy DJ..........? That is a guy to hate.......
Old 05-19-2006, 01:29 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From a galaxy far, far away ...

... as the storm cleared, Viken hung up his keyboard and retired from his unpaid, thankless task as Kindergarten monitor to a tranquil life of fine wine, good cigars, fast cars, and was able to refocus his attention back to the kitchen.

JimBob dun stoped drinkin, suld his Porch fur a Z06 & gut hizsef a steedi jub teejin ESL at da saem plates dat Shirleen iz teejin eerobicks ta flattin yur butt. He membras liddle uv hiz Rennylist posties en sez it wuz all dooring a blakout tym. He dun't ebben noes he gut banned by JD.

As for the Good Old Boys, rumor has it they're someplace up North surrounded by a bevy of Scandinavian blondes.

... and Phil. Well, he's still here and he's still, thankfully, Phil.

My best for a happy BD V

Last edited by STLPCA; 07-23-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:00 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Viken is a great guy. He has been so kind to invite me into his beautiful home, even gave me a rather spirited ride in his GT3.

Happy Birthday!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

3a'bel el miyyeh Rayyiss Viken. Shta'na!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know him very well but I know Viken put in unestimable hours helping everyone on Rennlist understand these cars, he and his contributions were a key building block to what we all use now.

Happy Birthday Viken.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Viken? I am glad he is gone - I always hated that guy.

Any real old timers remember where that came from?
From the "Wiring Harness Guru"? Or EJ?

Yeah, it rhymes so it's gotta be DJ or E. J.?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
That's easier to understand than JimBob.

How ya doin' Jean?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:54 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
From the "Wiring Harness Guru"? Or EJ?

Yeah, it rhymes so it's gotta be DJ or E. J.?
As best i recall, in the old, old days - not long after the time that Rennlist moved from an email list to a web board, a bunch of the 993 participants would chat on p-car. Whenever someone signed off, everyone else would pipe in that they were glad that person was gone as we always hated that guy. It was actually a compliment about that person. After a while the chat went away and p-car had a discussion board or two.

There was always and 'old guard' and n00bs. As far as I know, Viken was always part of the 'old guard' and welcomed n00bs into that group as long as they tried to understand the established community, tried to make it work for them, and showed some hint of a sense of humor. When Rennlist was in it's early web days and there was a combined 993=996 board, I was one of those n00bs that Viken helped and welcomed in.

Times change and most of the old guard from 5 years ago are long gone. Viken left, as did EJ (who made the wiring harness recall happen) along with DJ, and a lot of vendors who used to offer a lot of insight with their own reasons for departure. Robin rarely posts, I still frequent the DE board from time to time, etc, etc. I don't even know who the 'old guard' is on this board anymore.

But, to the new 'old guard' you should try really hard to maintain a sense of humor here. And to Viken:

I am glad he is gone. I always hated that guy.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

As best i recall, in the old, old days - not long after the time that Rennlist moved from an email list to a web board, a bunch of the 993 participants would chat on p-car. Whenever someone signed off, everyone else would pipe in that they were glad that person was gone as we always hated that guy. It was actually a compliment about that person. After a while the chat went away and p-car had a discussion board or two.

There was always and 'old guard' and n00bs. As far as I know, Viken was always part of the 'old guard' and welcomed n00bs into that group as long as they tried to understand the established community, tried to make it work for them, and showed some hint of a sense of humor. When Rennlist was in it's early web days and there was a combined 993=996 board, I was one of those n00bs that Viken helped and welcomed in.

Times change and most of the old guard from 5 years ago are long gone. Viken left, as did EJ (who made the wiring harness recall happen) along with DJ, and a lot of vendors who used to offer a lot of insight with their own reasons for departure. Robin rarely posts, I still frequent the DE board from time to time, etc, etc. I don't even know who the 'old guard' is on this board anymore.

But, to the new 'old guard' you should try really hard to maintain a sense of humor here. And to Viken:

I am glad he is gone. I always hated that guy.
Yep, I've heard that before, I never did p-car chat (I think joined Rennlist in 2000) but someone (you?) has explained it before.

And to you:

I am glad you're gone (although you aren't 100%). I always hated you.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

And that "keeper of the truth" guy was really creepy, always like a radar, we could never lie, we could never BS our way around what we had no clue about, and even when you posted incognito from Nigeria or southern Armenia, he would know who you are. It is so much more fun now without him. I now have an ET of 350 on my 23" wheels and they are great.

Mike, thanks for letting us know.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:39 AM
JimBob_Jumpback
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dis iz ole JB ma'self, comin outta purmenet retarrment ta wishes ma gud fren Viking a magnifiicant burtday. dat vikin be da best dang bubba id ever knowd. i cant rekal awl da times bubba viking done helpped ole jim bob fixin hiz pcar wen da duct tape doone wort out or da close hanggor gone und snapped lika chikken nek. not onlee dat, bubba viking invinted da wurld yed webb fer yall noob bubbas ta innjoy.most folkz think it were dat weenier algor, but it aint so.ole JB be knowin da truf.

yer fren,

JimBob Jumpback
Old 05-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimBob_Jumpback
dis iz ole JB ma'self, comin outta purmenet retarrment ta wishes ma gud fren Viking a magnifiicant burtday. dat vikin be da best dang bubba id ever knowd. i cant rekal awl da times bubba viking done helpped ole jim bob fixin hiz pcar wen da duct tape doone wort out or da close hanggor gone und snapped lika chikken nek. not onlee dat, bubba viking invinted da wurld yed webb fer yall noob bubbas ta innjoy.most folkz think it were dat weenier algor, but it aint so.ole JB be knowin da truf.

yer fren,

JimBob Jumpback
Man is alive!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Welcoome back Jim Bob

By the way, I was wondering what your ole bubba Jean was saying here.

Is that the Carolina Southern or Alabama Southern

Originally Posted by Jean
Old 05-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Welcoome back Jim Bob

By the way, I was wondering what your ole bubba Jean was saying here.

Is that the Carolina Southern or Alabama Southern
That's from Armenia Southern!

ole Bubba JeanBob
Old 05-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

JimBob! You've definitely been missed.

Quick Reply: Birthday Greetings to a 993 Board Great