Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attractive Costco price on these (link) Michelins...but what exactly are they?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:33 PM
jcb928
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought numerous sets of tires from Costco without a problem. The tire tech even double checked the torque settings from two sources when they did the 928.

Costco the company has very high standards (I work for a Costco vendor) and I would be very surprised if you would have a problem. This is a company that gives refunds on a notebook computers with no questions asked for 6 months.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did someone question Costco? My company also sold many products to them for years. Mostly quantity buys on close outs, etc. (Consumer Electronics). I think the only info here is that these are an old design tire, which has been replaced. Doesn't mean that they are not good tires. You just need to look at the date of Manufacture coding on the sidewalls (thankfully, one of the few products where you can tell the age).
Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys...no offense to Costco but I think I'll just go with the newer, N2, sport ribs from Tire Rack. Or perhaps I can get Wheel Enhancement to match Tire Rack's price....

Quick Reply: Attractive Costco price on these (link) Michelins...but what exactly are they?