Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clutch Pedal Stuck Half Way -Slave Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Porscheologist
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I observed this in several cars that I test drove before I bought mine. These cars were 95-96 had the original clutch components and had around 65-70k. My car (had 68k) was fine at first but soon began to have the same issue. It was not everytime just once in a while. It was no fun having to pull up my cluch pedal in So. Cal traffic!!!

I tried the remove the floorboard/lubricate thing but it did not solve the problem. When I did my clutch job at 70k I replaced everything (except the kinematic lever). My cluth pedal is now smooth as silk.

Be aware that doing this with the engine in the car is not an easy task. Some cruel Engineer at Porsche put the slave cylinder on top of the tranny!!

It is much easyier with the engine out. Since your car has such low miles I would not imagine you need a clutch as of yet so I guess you are going to have to do it the hard way!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:18 PM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drove into the city this morning and was in stop and go traffic and the clutch pedal returned properly and was problem free so for now it should be okay - I will consider it a problem when I have to start pulling it out it out at every stop sign or light and address the problem then. Thanks again for all feed back.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Stuck Half Way -Slave Cylinder?