Sponsored by:

Weather for Hershey 'Porsche ONLY swap meet'

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weather for Hershey 'Porsche ONLY swap meet'

I’ve been on the weather websites for most of the day.

For those of us driving from NY – to Harrisburg – in the early morning hours (6am...)

In the morning it will be misty with light rain. Misty in __2 mile visibility__ so speeds on the highway(s) are gonna be low – so take note for your travel-time!

Also at around noontime (onwards) in Harrisburg/Hershey – the rain is going to become a steady downpour. Bring your umbrella, parker, etc. and a change of shoes – coz the grass is gonna be a mudbath.

Sunday for the return trip back to NY – misty with a possible shower or two improving as the day goes on.

And then, guess what, blue skies on *work* Monday.

G.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:55 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swap meet

ya i was going to fly in but the weather does not look good so i will pass this time. a lot of venders might not put all the items out due to rain . and i am there to buy. oh well next time. if it were close to drive that would be different.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:07 PM
BlackCar
Instructor

In past years when there's been rain, the Hershey turnout has definitely been lower and I believe fewer vendors.

The bummer with the rain is that just down the road in Carlisle Pa ( www.carsatcarlisle.com ), they have the spring Carlisle. We had planned to drive down the Pa Turnpike to check out what is usually a giant swap meet and tons of classic cars for sale, but the rain makes that a lot less fun, so we'll probably pass.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are we listening central pa pca, how about a rain date planned in to next years event? if the vendors and the customers do not come, how successful can the swap be?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Well, Saturday morning, wifey and I hit the road at 6:30am, sharp, and it was already raining on Long Island.

Two hours n' change later we were at the 'meet' and, cripes folks, it was a friggin' downpour. 'Rivers' of water in the parking lot and cold too.

I met up with my buddy Chaz (who bought a 928GT last Jan.) and, with umbrellas up and dressed like it was wintertime, we 'perused' the vendor area.

For my first time there, I thought it was rather disappointing. I've seen more 'life' at a flea market in Stroudsberg! Blame it on the rain? Well, how about having a rain day? The next day, Sunday, it was certainly 'cloudy' but it _wasn't_ 'nasty' and could easily have been held then.

My buddy Chaz bought a case of ATE-super-blue ($80 for 10 cans) plus some 'ancillary parts' ...I managed to get some metric open/ring spanners for myself (so that I don't have to use my Raleigh bike spanner the next time I bleed the brakes!)

Will I go next year? ...nope ...not if it's raining or if there isn't a rain day.

...and, yeah, you can be sure I gassed up in Joisey on the way there and on the way back!

Latah,

G.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

are we listening central pa pca, how about a rain date planned in to next years event?
Of course, picking a weekend that isn't Greek Easter would be considerate, too. They've chosen Greek Easter for the swap meet several times now.

Lamb on a spit vs Porsche parts. Hmmm. Tough decision, and one that I'd rather not have to make.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Christos Anesti, RallyJon!

Not a contest for me - I would go for the lamb. Then again, my car is still currently a mod virgin...no need for parts...yet.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it guess it rained a ton huh?

Quick Reply: Weather for Hershey 'Porsche ONLY swap meet'