Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I were to sell my beloved TIP 993, part out or sell as is?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had a Boxster S, along with a 964 C4...and the car was actually fun driving..it so happens that meeting and falling in love with a 3.3 turbo was unavoidable.. out went the boxster, in came the turbo...

i don't need to tell you, because you already know ceboyd, that there is no possibility of comparison between the two..911 is 911 period.

if possible ( allthough, at the end of the day it is only a machine ) keep the 993..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Just thought to chime in, although you are the one that know what's best for you...

Sell the Boxster... parts out what you can, and then sell the car yourself. Be patience and try to fetch a good price. Summer is here....

Mothball the 993... part out the stuff that you don't need, which you're already doing - like the sport cats, etc.

I don't know the resale of a R32, but it is still pretty good, and if you need to save more $$$$, then sell the R32 also and get a beater until you find a job...

BTW, I went to college in Chicago and worked there a couple of years. I still feel very attached to it. Used to live in Northbrook which is right next to Wilmete. My parents are still in Northbrook. Have you tried Motorola?

Best of luck, and hope you can keep the 993!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:10 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ceboyd, sounds like you have prepared well and are in as good a position as you could be with having things paid off. I hope you'll hold on the car and stay around the board. Just a thought from a non-IT guy that works in healthcare. Not sure how your background lines up but there is a lot of work going on to get electronic medical records up at hospitals around the country. It seems that good talent is at a premium with the companies bringing these systems up both on the vendor and hospital IT department side. Good luck with your search.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

thanks everyone.. With any luck, by end of this summer I'll have a great new career and the thought of being without my 993 will only be a bad dream
Old 04-22-2006, 02:54 AM
hddude
Racer

Originally Posted by ceboyd
yes indeed.. The last 2 years of working there I saw many co-workers disappear (some of the worst situations were co-workers who spent 3 months in India training their replacments)

..and don't even get me started with how frustrated and mad I get when I have to talk to someone in India about my PC support or anything computer related
Good lord! I come here to read about Porsches and have my PC nightmare of the past two weeks relived. I bought a Belkin router about a month ago and it suddenly decided to become an unreliable POS. After several unintelligible calls to Belkin's tech support/sweat shop in India, I have finally given up. The $$ weren't large but I hate being ripped off.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:21 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi again everyone!

Thanks so much for all the PMs people are sending me for job opportunities. With any luck, one of them will produce something.

Also, several people have PMed me asking me what my car has in mods so here is a list of them:

-Big Red Brakes (TT brakes basicly) (just spent over $500 on parts to rebuild them over winter)
-Air venting to the front brakes with Techart fog/vents
- Custom Roock/H&R suspension
- DAS Roll Bar in Guards Red to match my car
- Simpson 6 point belts
- Brey Krauss belt mounts
- 18" carrera lightweight 5 spoke rims
- UltraShield Road Race Seats with Recaro mounts
- Halon Fire Extinguisher w/custom mount
- IO Port Racing seat back brace for Driver Seat
- Kenwood Stereo w/Sirius
- TRG Sway Bars
- Custom Sway bar links for rear
- ERP Monoball to get more negative camber in front
- Steve Weiner ECU (keep in mind i had to first BUY an ECU since my 96 stock is not programmable)

I've also had some people ask me what I'd want if I were to sell as-is with all of the above mods, and that answer is $42k FIRM (car has 37k miles at the moment - never in any accident and I'm the original owner of course.) I just had a body shop take a look at my car and I asked if they could tell that I've had it on the track for DEs and they told me not at all. The said it just looks like a daily driver to them. There are some chips in the paint (probably a little more than a daily driver would have since it's seen track and autocross) but keep in mind I have no way to overrev (and drive at redline) or miss a shift so there would be no concern in that respect. I've got the clearbra on it but it is over what already had some road debree chips so it isn't perfect under there and I've never resprayed anything (not yet anyway and I wanted to avoid any respray's to keep the car original anyway).

Quick Reply: If I were to sell my beloved TIP 993, part out or sell as is?