Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would any rennlister be interested in Cargraphic 100cell sport cats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The clip makes it sound like a boat motor.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Paulsha911
The clip makes it sound like a boat motor.
unfortunately it's very crappy sound quality and doesn't sound the same in real life -- if only I had proper sound recording equipment... oh well, perhaps I'll have to find someone at one of the track events who hears it in real life to gobble it up because I can promise the sound (and burble) in person is AWSOME and gets me compliments all the time
Old 04-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

ceboyd:

I'm sure it sounds MUCH better in person.

I found two soudn clips posted by Caveman. One is RSR and the 2nd one is RSR w/ sport cat. Is it closer to what you have?

http://media.putfile.com/993-with-RSR-exhausts
http://media.putfile.com/RSRs-plus-...c-100-cell-cats

BTW, the sound clips work but take a loooooong time to load.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:51 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Link is not working for me.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

The links work but it takes like 10-15 minutes to load. I thought my browser hung, and then suddenly when I was downstair my speakers came alive with the RSR/sportcat sound. I had to rush upstair to turn down the speakers...
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LAT
Link is not working for me.
2nd link wasn't working for me either (only the 1st one)

try this.. I found this link:

http://media.putfile.com/Cat-bypass-with-RSRs

..although I'm still waiting for it to load so I dunno what it will sound like yet
Old 04-14-2006, 11:03 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

wait that isnt' the right link either...

It's this one..

http://media.putfile.com/RSRs-plus-100-cell-sports-cats

..and yes, that is a bit more like it

..except mine are NOT RSR mufflers (motor sound mufflers).. so in real life its probably a hair quieter (motor sound is a little quieter than RSR) ..but motor sound mufflers are a little louder than factory stock mufflers

Here is a link to all the optional sound bytes for 993 he has --- pretty interesting:

http://www.putfile.com/davidandarti

I HAD supercups WITH the 100cell cats... it was fun as hell at the track but annoying as hell in the street.. the resinance inside the cockpit is HORRID on supercups when driving to/from the track
Old 04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone have any idea if these would pass emissions out here in California? Not that I'm a whimp about it, but I hate to switch back and forth between these and stock when I need to please the governor out here.

What price are your asking for these ceboyd?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:34 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
Anyone have any idea if these would pass emissions out here in California? Not that I'm a whimp about it, but I hate to switch back and forth between these and stock when I need to please the governor out here.

In 'Kalifawnia', you need to pass the emission detectors (which I think it will), but if the smog station is dilligent, you also have to pass the visual inspection. They will be looking for a CARB# on the CAT. I don't know how many testers actually do visuals on the CAT (they usually just look for the CEL on with the key position). Unfortunately, if one does it and fails it, the information stays on the computer system.

For that reason, I have 130 cell cores in my CAT, but I have the OEM housing. NO ONE can see inside the housing for cell count.

Good luck.

CP
Old 04-14-2006, 11:38 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mgianzero

I sent you a PM

I'll take a photo of the imprinted plate not visible while installed that I swear I remember saying something about CA CARB legal and a number behind it. It's been over a year since I saw it but I remember thinking it was odd and unique to have this seperate welded on plate with these numbers on it.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:44 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by ceboyd

I'll take a photo of the imprinted plate not visible while installed that I swear I remember saying something about CA CARB legal and a number behind it. It's been over a year since I saw it but I remember thinking it was odd and unique to have this seperate welded on plate with these numbers on it.
Chris,

That is great news. That means this is a 50 state legal race CAT, very rare indeed.

Hope you get a great price for it.

CP
Old 04-14-2006, 11:46 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CP
Chris,

That is great news. That means this is a 50 state legal race CAT, very rare indeed.

Hope you get a great price for it.

CP

then I guess maybe I installed it at the wrong angle or something because I can feel that plate but no way can you visually see it while installed (that of the guys at cargraphic never considered the bumper covering it when installed).. DOH!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW Everyone.. I'm not ignored your PMs (if you PM me) or emails.. but we are leaving for the track early tomorrow morning and won't be back until late sunday nite so I probably won't sign online again until monday sometime..

..and I'm off to try and get some sleep now so I don't pass out during the HPDE event tomorow at BHF
Old 04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NineMeister
I use the Cargraphic N-GT version of these cats on my 415bhp n/a 993RSR and fit a similar version to our 993+1 (cams/cats/remap = 330bhp) & +2 (9m/4T heads/cams/cats/remap = 350-360bhp) n/a conversions. I can confirm is that in testing none of the engines would make much above 315bhp when we tested them fitted with the standard cats, so in my opinon there is a bargain to be had here if the price is right.

Secondly, since none of our engines lost bottom end or mid range torque with the cats fitted, if you are experiencing a loss in this area from using the cats imho it is the ecu mapping that will be the problem, not the cats.
Are you saying that with the 993+2 conversion, you will only see 315bhp until you switch out the cats? There's a 40bhp difference between stock cats and high-flow/bypass for that package?
Old 04-16-2006, 02:45 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

i don't know the answer to that question so maybe he'll chime in

Quick Reply: Would any rennlister be interested in Cargraphic 100cell sport cats?