Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Finally side lights that match my HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:42 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Bladz - you are correct. I realize that I embellished a little in the original post - I gave the impression that I instaleld the 39 mm festoons already. I should be receiving the lights in a few days and will take pics. I would wait on you order. until I post back. I may not be completely happy. I originally had a homebrew LED solution but had a problem was complete illumination of the tag - I was using 12 degree LEDs, 3 per side (6 candella straight down) and found the light too directional. The 9 led festoon light is supposed to have a 35 degree illumination, which will give complete illumination of the tag - supposedely. With that said, I did however like the homebrew lighting of the plate. I was going to fab another homebrew with LEDs oriented diff directions, but autolumination had everything cheaper! I think the 06 acura TL has LED plate illumination and it looks classy!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:50 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Chuck - I did not do the front marker light LED mod so I dont know what you need to order... Sorry, Im sure someone else on this thread knows.

I replaced my marker lights with OSRAM halogen or xenon bulbs from autohausaz. I would say that the color matches my Silverstar fogs now. They are much more whiter than the stock bulbs that were in there... They are still yellow compared to the HIDs or LEDs.

Halogen fogs and markers may not be that bad. If it is raining, foggy or whatever, yellow may give less glare and provide good contrast to the HID lights for more of a full spectrum lighting.... On that note - yellow bulb fogs may be the best, but probably look hideous.

Quick Reply: Finally side lights that match my HIDs