Sponsored by:

Bay Area Rennlisters - Question for you

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bay Area Rennlisters - Question for you

I am interested in visitng your beautiful and then take the beautiful drive down through Napa. I want to make the experience the best possible, which means I need a Porsche. Any reasonably priced place to rent a Boxster or a 911 convertible?

How is end of May early June as time of year to do this?

thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a great time of year. No chance of any rain. It can be pretty hot though. A Boxster or cab would be nice. Here is a place that you might take a look at for the car

http://www.cityrentacar.com/

You definitely want to check out the roads going from like the Napa area over towards the Russian River Valley and Santa Rosa. Great driving roads...
Old 04-11-2006, 09:52 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

You the man Viper Bob. Going for my alignment at Fischer Motorsport (local Porsche guys) on the 29th of April and first track day on the 13th of May. Thanks again my man.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:28 AM
petermartin
Advanced

Originally Posted by viperbob
That is a great time of year. No chance of any rain. It can be pretty hot though. A Boxster or cab would be nice. Here is a place that you might take a look at for the car

http://www.cityrentacar.com/

You definitely want to check out the roads going from like the Napa area over towards the Russian River Valley and Santa Rosa. Great driving roads...

Oh contraire...
This could be the year it rains straight through August
We have had record breaking rainfall this year, 24 days in March alone, which translates to crappy road conditions etc. Poor little P-car has spent way to much time in the garage this winter. Still, it could be worse. Check out Club Sportiva, they have a fleet of exotics, including a couple of Porsches. We are blessed with some of the most amazing roads in the world, i.e. Coastal, Redwoods, Sierras... Enjoy.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:36 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Check out Club Sportiva, they have a fleet of exotics, including a couple of Porsches
club sportiva is a cool idea, but it is sorta pricey (i met a member a couple months ago who, btw, told me they weren't accepting new members now)...and since you can just rent a boxster for a couple days (@$175/day) though city rentacar that would seem the way to go. my girlfriend needs to practice driving a standard transmission for a couple days before i let her drive my 993 so i think i may rent the miata from cityrentacar!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:53 PM
gbvilla
6th Gear

AG,

Napa is going to be beautiful when your up here. May I suggest you stop at V. Sattui for lunch. They have a great deli and outside picnic tables. Hopefully it won't be raining. . . .
Old 04-12-2006, 04:10 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Mustards is always good, but I love the Rutherford grill right next to BV... So many bottles of wine, so little time

Last edited by viperbob; 04-12-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:55 PM
curveraider
Racer

I hope I don't open a can of worms, but if you get the boxter spend the extra few bucks for the "S". I had the regular boxter with tiptronic, a loaner from the dealer, for a week and it just felt like a slug. I took it down to Carmel twice during the week and all I can say is that I was soooo disapointed.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Thanks fellas. Still planning. Maybe I will use Viper Bob's connection and go to Devek and borrow something.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
djordan
Advanced

I would take HWY 1 from Mill Valley out to Stinson Beach then head throught the Russian River Valley in Sonoma. Some great driving and sites... On Napa restaurants I agree with Mustards but some other good spots are Bouchon, Patio at Tra Vigne and Oakville Grocery to grab a picnic and bring it to Robert Sinskey Vineyards. They have some great picnic benches and pinot noir...
Old 04-16-2006, 02:37 AM
David Schiff
Instructor

I Live in sausalito m-fri and fort bragg weekends. your getting great information from everyone!
another wonderful road is 29 thru napa to 128 north thru the anderson valley to mendocino. get a res. at a B&B. we drive it most fridays in the 993 or the Boxter S. contact me if you want some B&B rec. live in Mendo area for 25+yrs. I Dont recommend the drive from hwy1 north to 128 unless you want a long ptentially slow go behind slow cars, campers etc. I did it once on my R69S bike years ago.... its a long potentially foggy drive. Another great rest is Brix. on 29 just past Mustards,[which is a bit noisy for me,[ loud cars better are than loud people] . David

Quick Reply: Bay Area Rennlisters - Question for you