Sponsored by:

Rear Seat Belt suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:33 PM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

This doesn't really help with the stuck winding mechanism, is just an observation on trying to purchase used.

I attempted to buy seat belt parts from some of the mail order porsche junk yards and all refused due to liability. You may have to visit a yard that has parts and buy another part plus some tangled junk that was in the way.

In my case I was trying to redo the rear belts for child seats. I ended up purchasing race harness equipment because that would attach and cinch up the way I needed.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
pastpob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'm not sure if I made this situation worse...my belts at one point would not retract back. After taking the rear deck off and unbolting the seat belt from both the rear deck and from the seat itself, I decided to re-install everything to see if that did anything (since I didn't see anything obvious after taking it all apart!

Well, the funny thing is, the damn thing is still stuck, but what's wierd to me is that after re-installing the mechanism back in the rear deck, it no longer reaches so that I can bolt it back into the rear seat itself! What gives? Obviously, the belt somehow retracted so that now it's too short to install. But, it's still stuck. I can't pull the belt so that I could bolt it into the seat.

Do i need to take apart again and install it in the seat first? Will that make any difference?

Thanks in advance for any help!

H
Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Dave Crellin
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My issue is finally resolved with a barely used belt, for $80 from DPS in Agoura, CA near work. Fitted in 2 mins. I just couldn't get the old one to unlock no matter how i tried with it out of the car, at different angles, with the ball and mechanism checked etc.

what a joy to have working belts again. 2 happy kids again
Old 04-28-2006, 03:45 AM
pastpob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dave....I may have to resort to that as well! It's so frustrating that the weather is finally good up here and I cannot take my 5 year old and 3 year old with me in the 993! I assume that was $80 for one belt? Both my belts are locked! S#$T!!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Dave Crellin
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, $80 for just the one belt

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Belt suggestions