Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is this hose supposed to go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 AM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Where is this hose supposed to go?

I am servicing my evaporator. After taking off the gas tank and firewall, I noticed that there is a vacuum line (I presume part of the AC system) that is not connected to anything. I looked around for a possible disconnection and could not find anywhere its supposed to go. Do any of you have any information?

For your orientation, the pic is inside the front hood toward the windshield. The hose is part of the wiring harness above the airbox.
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

TJ,

I pulled the plastic liner off and the only two vacuum line I can see are the two connected on the change over valve. Both line disappears into part of the harness wire. The black one goes down near the right side wheel well area with a bundle of wire.

The white vacuum tube goes together with a bundle of wires into the back of the right side pollen filter motor.

Not sure if these are the vaccum line you are talking about?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 AM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for checking Robin. You may not see it after removing the liner. Its bundled with the wiring harness. In the picture above, you can see the two lines Terminating from the change over valve. You are right - the black one goes to the wheel well, the white one is part of the harness. There is a third wire - the mysterious black hose - that is part of my harness as well.

I checked photos of the disassembly, and Im thinking that the black hose was never connected to anything????

Quick Reply: Where is this hose supposed to go?