Paintless dent removal example

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:24 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I will add fuel to the fire: She should get a ticket for DWO, Driving while Oriental....

Best post I've seen in a long time. (I'm Cantonese)
Old 03-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry your upset Steve, though I don't understand why. My mom is tiny 5'2" Swedish women in her giant Lincoln who sincerely believes she owns the road. No doubt.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I will add fuel to the fire: She should get a ticket for DWO, Driving while Oriental....

Greg Fishman,

The biggest disappointment in this whole thread is the post you just made.
I’m going to assume that you didn’t really THINK about the words and tone
that you chose.

I feel a little let down, after reading it.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, Guys, I AM SORRY!!!

This was not intended as a racial attack on my part, just was describing my daily encounter. I want to appoligize if anyone was offended by my description of the Chinese woman in their Mercedes are bad drivers. I went overboard with an inside joke that is said among my co-workers daily, realizing later that you guys wouldn't understand the humor in that and where I was coming from. Greg is right, I am Chinese. And yes, we sometimes make fun of our own people, especially the ones that wears the Darth vader helmets while driving. (Don't know if you guys are familiar with that sight.... it is just really funny) And you wonder why one of them didn't see my car.

Back to the subject, this incident happend almost two year ago. No, I am not upset anymore, let it go long ago. My boss never paid me for the damage, again as she said that I was stupid to spend that kind of money to fix that old car of mine for a small dent like that.

Oh yeah, I have three 5'2" Chinese women of my own in my household that drives like they own the road... But not in a Mercedes.. Mom - Lexus, Wife - Bimmer, Mother in law - Toyota

Life is short, have a laugh.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Brave Heart
Racer

I agree Robin - Some on this list are so touchy its hard to joke about anything and that's not healthy
Old 03-25-2006, 03:07 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Guys, Guys, I AM SORRY!!!

This was not intended as a racial attack on my part, just was describing my daily encounter. I want to appoligize if anyone was offended by my description of the Chinese woman in their Mercedes are bad drivers. I went overboard with an inside joke that is said among my co-workers daily, realizing later that you guys wouldn't understand the humor in that and where I was coming from. Greg is right, I am Chinese. And yes, we sometimes make fun of our own people, especially the ones that wears the Darth vader helmets while driving. (Don't know if you guys are familiar with that sight.... it is just really funny) And you wonder why one of them didn't see my car.

Back to the subject, this incident happend almost two year ago. No, I am not upset anymore, let it go long ago. My boss never paid me for the damage, again as she said that I was stupid to spend that kind of money to fix that old car of mine for a small dent like that.

Oh yeah, I have three 5'2" Chinese women of my own in my household that drives like they own the road... But not in a Mercedes.. Mom - Lexus, Wife - Bimmer, Mother in law - Toyota

Life is short, have a laugh.

oh my Robin.............You have done the unthinkable.....I will never visit your sight again..........you are a racist pig.......I hate everything you think. you disgust me!.......and in addittions..........you own a 996?..........you make me puke.................LOL.............yeah right!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:59 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fill
oh my Robin.............You have done the unthinkable.....I will never visit your sight again..........you are a racist pig.......I hate everything you think. you disgust me!.......and in addittions..........you own a 996?..........you make me puke.................LOL.............yeah right!!!!!!!!!
hey... you forgot to sign it... "love, Fill"
Old 03-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Robin,

My wife has also had great luck with the paintless dent removal on some of her cars. It's unfortunate that this lady was not more gracious and ethical about the damage she caused, regardless of her ethnicity.

Folks have become WAY too PC nowadays. I'm 1/2 Asian Indian, and I think there is a lot of legitimate humor in my culture's mannerisms and practices (think Apoo on the Simpsons). If you can't laugh at yourself or find the humor in our differences, you're taking yourself much too seriously. Some generalizations have a lot of truth to them, e.g. engineers are geeks (I have a degree in EE), folks in Volvos tend to drive too cautiously (maybe more safety conscious?), and many small Oriental women drive...well, not so well.

However, something to consider: everything we "say" on the internet may become a part of the permanent record in cyberspace. I've read of several recent cases in which this has come back to haunt folks later with respect to employment issues.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by trickydisco
Greg Fishman,

that you chose.

My tone was this was a a joke! If I offended you, I apologize and suggest you do something to thicken your skin just a bit. I have friends who are oriental or who have oriental wives and they are the ones who introduced me to that phrase. It was equivalent of saying "White men can't jump!", no one will probably get offended at that, will they...

Last edited by Greg Fishman; 03-25-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Anir

Folks have become WAY too PC nowadays. I'm 1/2 Asian Indian, and I think there is a lot of legitimate humor in my culture's mannerisms and practices (think Apoo on the Simpsons). If you can't laugh at yourself or find the humor in our differences, you're taking yourself much too seriously. Some generalizations have a lot of truth to them,.

Well put, Anir.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trickydisco
Greg Fishman,

that you chose.

Greg, greg, greg... that is SO un-PC. It's DW**A**, driving while Asian!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Chinese man works very, very hard running his restaurant year after year. Meets the girl of his dreams, they get married. They survive the wedding, and head off to their honeymoon. Check into the honeymoon suite, and he's eagerly awaiting what's to come. Finally, his bride emerges from the dressing room - a vision of loveliness, he's overwhelmed with desire.

He sweeps her up into his arms, and says to her..."I wanna make you happiest woman inna world. Anyting - anyting you wan me to do tonight, you tell me!"

She gets this hopeful, excited look in her face, and blurts, "I wanna number 69!"

He gets very puzzled. Pauses for a few moments, his mind racing. Finally he says,

"You wanna beef wif broccori?"

My Vietnamese wife just LOVES this one!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 AM
JChiles
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dudley
Sorry your upset Steve, though I don't understand why. My mom is tiny 5'2" Swedish women in her giant Lincoln who sincerely believes she owns the road. No doubt.
You want a piece of me???

Agree that some people here are so sensitive they must go around being constantly let down by something..
Old 03-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my 'before' shots. I don't have a current 'after' shot, but it really is unnoticeable unless you know exactly where to look.

On a lighter note, a Chinese man goes to a bank in the US to wire some money back to his folks in China. He makes a note of how much his dollars are worth in RMB.

The following month he wires the same dollar amount, but ends up with less RMB.

A little perturbed, he asks the teller why his dollars are worth less than the previous month.

"Fluctuations," she replies.

The Chinese man begins to leave, and when he reaches the door, he turns and yells, "Fluck you Americans, too!!!"
Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Princeton, Mark, Fill, Anir, Greg, Robert, Daniel:

Well, it appears I have a different opinion.
Very well – c’est la vie.

cheers

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal example