Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S rear lid to Turbo Spoiler - what parts do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4S rear lid to Turbo Spoiler - what parts do I need?

Hi:

At the spur of a moment, I bidded on a Turbo spoiler on ebay. Surprise surprise, I won.

It came off from another car and already has the grill. What else do I need? Can I use the hinge and shocks already on my car (C4S)?

Also, for the air box, I know the intake pipe/opening is different for fixed spoiler. Where can I get that part?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:31 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Paul -

You need the intake trumpet (elbow intake to hook up to airbox). I believe the part number is 993 110 360 51.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Thanks, ITA. Other than the intake trumpet, do I need hinge, shocks, etc.? Or can I use the existing?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Use everything from the existing spoiler.

I have some parts listing in my web site

http://p-car.com/mainphoto/ttwing.html
Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
baja272
Instructor

I did the same. The trumpet is gravy....Every thing else works. The only difference is I had to order all the Grill and seal parts.

Long story, short. Best thing I've done....
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
rkass
Racer

Paul, one thing you might, and I stress might need are the spacers that fit between your hinge on each side of car holding up current stock spoiler. These are cheap and may be needed if new spoiler sits 1-3 mm too low and touches any part of car. I think you can buy from performance product or somewhere like that. You probably have one on each side (i did) when I took off orig spoiler.

Other thing is when you unplug wiring harness from original spoiler on right side when looking at rear end, zip tie it to support. You can also disconnect spoiler brain underneath glove box (do search for location but easy to find) so you won't keep throwing alert as you don't have a moveable tail anymore.

Finally you don't have to get trumpet immediately. It was proven by Robin on p-car site that using it will give you lower operating temp and save on hp. but don't wait to drive car just for that.

Only other thing is you may have to adjust where male latch on spoiler connects (I assume you will unbolt male latch piece from orig spoiler and attach to new one unless it already comes with one attached) with female part on car. Easy to do, think there are two 10 mm bolts that you loosen and move female side around until you are happy with how trunk closes, etc.

Ask me how I know all this.

Final thought, don't just unbolt four bolts holding old tail from the two struts. Once the bolts are out, and even when loose, tail will want to slide. Don't want to ruin paint on car so put blanket around area. And use a friend, much easier to remove/add spoilers.

Good luck
Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Be careful ... if it was the red one that was on eBay, I don't *think* it was an OEM part even though it was advertised as one.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Robroy, it was advertised as an aftermarket spoiler (fiberglass).

As such, I am having some second thoughts... it was a spur of a moment kind of thing... that's what last minute auction does to you I guess.

I am uncertain how I would like the look. I do appreciate the clean look of the stock C4S. In any case, with paint and labor it will be about a $1,000 experiment for me... What the heck!

Will report back with pictures, hopefully by next week!

Quick Reply: C4S rear lid to Turbo Spoiler - what parts do I need?