Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you use the valet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also wonder if some would benefit from spending a little less time and thought with the porsche, and a little more with family and work
how did we go from discussing valet parking to deciding what other people should do with their time...that statement seems awfully judgemental to me.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mborkow
how did we go from discussing valet parking to deciding what other people should do with their time...that statement seems awfully judgemental to me.
I happened right about when those who are either very insecure in their own beliefs, or have nothing better to do than pass judgement on others, started to move this thread from answering the question to attacking others for their answers (I particularly like the "naive" comment ).

The only thing I care less about than what others do with their cars, is what others think about what I do with mine.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You say you don’t give a rats *** whether or not people valet but you continue to dispense advice on the subject, saying to relax even though I’m kinda wondering what there is to be tense about and now making a judgment on where people need to be spending their time.

Who said the only place you can get a door ding is with a valet? If I see a parking space with an over sized vehicle parked over the line on each side am I going to try to squeeze in? No. It’s just simple risk evaluation of the situation.

Relax.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I have valeted twice with a previous Porsche. First time they left the car in front of the restaurant, so never drove it. The second and LAST time my car came back with greasy handprints all over the body and steering wheel. Yuck!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
The only thing I care less about than what others do with their cars, is what others think about what I do with mine.
I like that!

Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 PM
cbad911
Advanced

I have always valet'd my Porsche every chance I have gotten since I've owned it (about once a month). This is definiately the nicest ride I have ever owned and I especially love when I come out and see it parked front and center. Never had a problem (that I know of) and no dings or anything along those lines. But after reading some of your ex-valet's war story's, maybe that'll change. Probably should be taking a taxi anyways...
Old 03-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Traffic53
i also wonder if some would benefit from spending a little less time and thought with the porsche, and a little more with family and work.
Yeah right...it's about time to spank my wife and I'm losing my time here with this bunch of Rennlist Porscheheads!!! Hey baby where's my leather whip?????
Old 03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
You say you don’t give a rats *** whether or not people valet but you continue to dispense advice on the subject, saying to relax even though I’m kinda wondering what there is to be tense about and now making a judgment on where people need to be spending their time.

Who said the only place you can get a door ding is with a valet?

Relax.
WOW! you all ok? i've reviewed my comments just to be sure, and i find no reason for this type of response. the difference between the comments i've made, and some of the responses- including this one- is that i take NO aim at any one individual, but rather comment on the great majority of the behavior of the membership in this particular thread. a few have opened fire on me individually for my opinion. this is ill-advised, particularly when they haven't a point, or the ability to articulate it if they did.

i don't think the comments i make on this subject are out of order, off-topic, or offensive. if we answered the original question with a simple yes or no, then it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum. much has been made of my 'insecurity' over...well, my decision to allow the car to be parked? insecure? in other words, i have it parked- but i think this is wrong and would really like to NOT have it parked? whatever.

i'll go away so you can resume the "GET AWAY FROM MY PORSCHE" lovefest. sorry for the disturbance.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

WOW! you all ok? i've reviewed my comments just to be sure, and i find no reason for this type of response. the difference between the comments i've made, and some of the responses- including this one- is that i take NO aim at any one individual, but rather comment on the great majority of the behavior of the membership in this particular thread. a few have opened fire on me individually for my opinion. this is ill-advised, particularly when they haven't a point, or the ability to articulate it if they did.

i don't think the comments i make on this subject are out of order, off-topic, or offensive. if we answered the original question with a simple yes or no, then it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum. much has been made of my 'insecurity' over...well, my decision to allow the car to be parked? insecure? in other words, i have it parked- but i think this is wrong and would really like to NOT have it parked? whatever.

i'll go away so you can resume the "GET AWAY FROM MY PORSCHE" lovefest. sorry for the disturbance.
Not sure why you think my response is opening fire on you or how you read something into the decision to valet park has something to do with some kind of insecurity. But whatever. You seem to be the one that is critical of what people are doing with their car for some reason and want to tell them what to do, whether it’s to relax or go spend time with their family. Rather judgmental. If you don’t get my point, read what I quoted from Bull above, maybe he is more articulate that I.

Speaking of not having a point, what is yours?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:17 AM
mborkow
Drifting

LOL!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Freddy
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

i also wonder if some would benefit from spending a little less time and thought with the porsche, and a little more with family and work.

Maybe it is time to move on to a Lexus

No one else except me and my mechanic behind the steering wheel of my Porsches for the last 20 years!!!

Freddy
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freddy

Maybe it is time to move on to a Lexus

No one else except me and my mechanic behind the steering wheel of my Porsches for the last 20 years!!!

Freddy
you said it
Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Speaking of not having a point, what is yours?
only to be a judgemental *****- appearently. i've issued the apology, let's move on.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry I asked lol
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedro356C
Yeah right...it's about time to spank my wife and I'm losing my time here with this bunch of Rennlist Porscheheads!!! Hey baby where's my leather whip?????
Haaahaaahhaaa!!! Nice!!!
You guys...such good entertainment...sometimes!!!

Quick Reply: Do you use the valet??