Sponsored by:

Malibu fun run MAR 26 & EuroSunday

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Eric (epj993),

It was great seeing you again... the run was great except for the lights on Los Verginis that only allow 4-5 cars at a time. It was great seeing some old faces... Coleman, Temple, Eric (Ethec) and many others. I didn't see kkim's 993 though but then again there were soooo crowded today.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Sputnik
Racer

I am so sorry I couldn't make it this time!
A day before Malibu run I found out there was Porsche event at California Speedway - so-called "Speed Fest".... So I spent whole Saturday at speedway taking pictures.
There were a lot of beautiful, outstanding Porsche cars.
Unbelievable amount of great cars. I've never seen so many great cars at the same time at the same place.... I mean true race cars. And man, when they pass you on the track the sound bouncing around is just as beautiful as those cars!
Here is the one of them:

Last edited by Sputnik; 03-27-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:13 AM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great seeing you too, Tony. KKim's car pulled up front near CP later in the morning. Sorry, I forgot the owner's name - Mike? Here's some canyon run pics.

Dawn on PCH:

Quick break at a summit to plan the next attack:

A view from the top:
Old 03-27-2006, 12:36 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Eric - Love your ride. What a great color. You had quite a crowd for the canyon runs judging from the photo a the top of Stunt Road. Now I'm really bummed that I didn't make it for the run.

I'll keep an eye out for the next run and try to make sure I show up for the fun.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

'twas great to see everyone (especially those that drove down from points North) and I enjoyed getting to ride (and drive a bit) in Ethec's TT. Jeez I miss my car. Other than getting stuck behind a park ranger for a portion of the canyon run, it went smoothly and swiftly

The car show at the Village Roaster was crazy. Who needs the L.A. Auto Show, when you can get free access, up close n' personal with all the latest and greatest (as well as a lot of amazing classics) . . . cars of note (IMHO) were a lambo with the license plate "MY IRA," an exact Starsky and Hutch replica complete with single red siren on the roof, a sweet 356 speedster, the RUF contingent and the nobles were interesting.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:09 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Eurocar Sunday is getting bigger every month. This was AMAZING.

1. Three 993 rufs side-by-side (CP's, Ruf Racer, and old Rufus):
2. Lamborghini: old and new:
3. 1967 Shelby GT500:
4. Old American Muscle:
Attached Images     
Old 03-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great time today. Good seeing you again Tony and Eric. Fantastic canyon drive this a.m. Anyone who has not been . . . must check this out . . . there's truly something for everyone.

Scott
Old 03-27-2006, 01:21 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Steve,

Thanks again (this is the nth time I've said this today, and I mean it every time) for getting us in on this gig. Best Sunday in a long time.

I enjoyed visiting with Porsche friends, both new and old. It is so nice to finally meet Roland after 2+ years of chatting about RUFs, M5s, and Open Road Racing. Also, a blast to see Scotts and his newly acquired 993tt. What a beauty. There are some really breath-taking cars around the premise. You LA folks are a lucky bunch.

And the weather is just LA perfect. This silly grin is gonna last quite a while.

CP
Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was fun ripping around in the canyons....those were my old stomping grounds with my modded VW GTI in High School. Was fun to come back there with a much more competant 993 even if the driver wasn't more accomplished!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:46 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

p.s. a special thanks to Coleman for not making me drink 7 Eleven coffee & running point with his V1 on the way down to Malibu!
Old 03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Yeah, that was a good time!! Thanks to 2nd0f2 for waking me up at 5am and to Alan for holding up the group for a few minutes while I got some gas before we all left! we cut it really close at the beginning, and I'm glad the group waited for us before we all took off.. Cops @ 6:45 am on the 1, who would have thought it!! I think my little dog in the car was getting a bit carsick form those canyons.. Tony, Eric, Scott, Pong, (+spawn of Pong) Temple and 2 Steves!! Good seeing you all.. I spoke with Brook for a while before I even remembered that his car is/was still gone!! I felt like a doofus.. that sucks still! no car.. I think he was hoping it would mystically appear at the show..... Tony, the car looks tight! take it easy with this one!

-Coleman-
Old 03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Coleman...

Thanks... that's why I ran in the back with the Monte Carlo yesterday... LOL.

Good seeing you and meeting Angela and Oliver too.

Ahhh... I didn't realize that you are the HWFMR Team Breakfast Chef... no wonder you wanted to grab breakfast yesterday before heading over to the VCR... we should have... next time. Hope to see you guys again soon.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

......And what was up with that A$$ in the Ferrari in our group in the morning?? this guy was a ball-cap wearing IDIOT. We all come to the stop light on Los Virginnes and Mullholland and it's a crap light and it only lets like 5 cars through at a time.. so we have to wait.. he's about 4 cars behind me and I'm like 2 cars from the front. He pulls around all of us and then blows a RED LIGHT. there was some light cross traffic, but WTF, like you cant wait 30 seconds for the friggin light? so then the light goes green and we proceed to catch him in like 40 seconds as he has to slow for the rest of the group up front.. I'm not bagging on him because he has a Ferrari; but it's some move like that that is going to take me out when I'm on my motorcycle crossing an intersection. dood, you're an *** and yer not allowed to hang with us any more.. go find the rest of yer over-fed, balding gold-cahin wearing goombah's from NJ and drive with them, just do it in NJ so you wont hit me on my motorcycle; you F%cking moron.

Coleman.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleman
......And what was up with that A$$ in the Ferrari in our group in the morning?? this guy was a ball-cap wearing IDIOT. We all come to the stop light on Los Virginnes and Mullholland and it's a crap light and it only lets like 5 cars through at a time.. so we have to wait.. he's about 4 cars behind me and I'm like 2 cars from the front. He pulls around all of us and then blows a RED LIGHT. there was some light cross traffic, but WTF, like you cant wait 30 seconds for the friggin light? so then the light goes green and we proceed to catch him in like 40 seconds as he has to slow for the rest of the group up front.. I'm not bagging on him because he has a Ferrari; but it's some move like that that is going to take me out when I'm on my motorcycle crossing an intersection. dood, you're an *** and yer not allowed to hang with us any more.. go find the rest of yer over-fed, balding gold-cahin wearing goombah's from NJ and drive with them, just do it in NJ so you wont hit me on my motorcycle; you F%cking moron.

Coleman.
That guy was tailing me for quite a bit after he pulled that one . . . at least until the next stop / look-out. I thought he might try to pass me . . . but I was having too much fun and driving pretty much as fast as I could.

Scott
Old 03-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Coleman

Coleman.
Yup... I saw that. I noticed him after "Top of the World" and he waited to run last behind me and the Monte Carlo and then on a straight blows by when there was a bunch of gravels on the road... kicking up all the gravels...WTF??? I never saw him after that... but I'm with you.

Quick Reply: Malibu fun run MAR 26 & EuroSunday