Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by c4-toy
Hi guys few more quick questions about replacing this...
1) what is part number for the new upgraded (Turbo) pulley that Brett mentions above ? i want to make sure i order the correct one from Pelican Parts.
Found an old post I had made. Robin has the part number (and belt DIY) on his p-car.com site: http://p-car.com/diy/vbelt/

Part number is 993-106-268-01. The p-car.com page also mentions new shims, so you might want to pick those up too.

Brett
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who--like me--finds it by searching and assumes they'll be able to find a triple square driver at any auto parts store:

Sears--nope. One set available catalog only now, no stores carry them.
Autozone--nope. At least not on their web site and not in their store local to me.
Pep Boys--nope.
NAPA Auto Parts--nope. Tried three stores in my area. All would happily order it, but none had in stock.
Two other local autoparts stores--nope. Got the head scratch and shrug from one, the other called a guy from the back who "used to work on Porsches" who said, "Sure, I know what you mean. No, we don't carry them."

Anyway, you may get luckier, but $25 for fedex from Pelican doesn't seem like much to pay right now.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:07 PM
ppressle
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or flag down the snap on guy...
Old 03-10-2007, 01:36 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

RallyJon- wow, that's some bad luck! I've noticed the triple square set at the local Pep Boys on several occassions over the past few years. I think the lesson here is that we should all buy one before we really need it.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Sumtoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other option

Although my belt did not break they needed replacing so I opted to go with the RS Alternator pulley. A little pricey but simpler system to maintain and repair on the road if ever needed.

Quick Reply: Alternator belt broke.