Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Funniest video I have ever seen in my life!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:21 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was funny Robin. Of course I've never been accused of being PC and just got done watching a Toby Keith special.

My word, people will sue over anything these days. What a waste of energy and money. People go around blowing other people up and VWs getting up tight about a hoax commercial.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brave Heart
Is the Polo sold over here ??
I don't think the Polo has ever been sold over here.

Scott
Old 03-15-2006, 01:57 AM
98993c2s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we need to start rioting and burning embassies.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Thumbs down

Get nothing by clicking on this stupid site; probably my anti-virus software. Besides, looks too much like spam. I'll pass.

Robin, you're slipping!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:16 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott 1996 993c2
I don't think the Polo has ever been sold over here.

Scott
We have a Polo in the shop, although it doesnt have a VIN tag and was never sold here in the good 'ole USA. Cool little car!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chris walrod
We have a Polo in the shop, although it doesnt have a VIN tag and was never sold here in the good 'ole USA. Cool little car!
Yep . . . kinda cool . . . they're EVERYWHERE in Europe . . . at least they seemed to be when we went to France last July.

Scott
Old 03-15-2006, 12:58 PM
mick
Racer

Robin, I have not been on the board recently but it is good to see you back. I see you have relocated. Hope things are going well. Mick
Old 03-15-2006, 01:11 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I cannot believe you ******** jumped me because I found it offensive.......is not everyone able to decide what's funny and what's not?

My nephew is currently in Iraq serving the US Air Force in EOD and spends his days trying to defuse IED's & vest bombs, I sent it to him and he does not see anything funny here nor do many other guys in his unit.
Below you will see a pix of my nephew & his Humvee that was blown up by a roadside bomb. Thankfully he was not injured!

If you think people blowing themselves up is comical and should be made fun of, you need to look deep inside and figure out just why you think it was funny......... In the meantime I'll continue to find anything like that video offensive.
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude,

I totally understand how you felt, as I said in my previous posts that after doing some thoughts I found the content to have some dark humor and some what unkosher and I am sorry for leading the pack to laugh at the unfortunte part of our human history.

I also remember articles I think in one fo the magazine that talks about the guys that defuses the bomb in Iraq and their daily routine. When I was reading the article I can't help but to be a nervous wreck about their daily job.

I think most people find the video commical becasue here we all know how much terror and pain the suicide bombers are causing the world, and here we are a little tough German car stopped the guys' bad intent. I think the results were a win for the good guys, but not the action. I don't think anyone found the actual actions to be funny.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
I cannot believe you ******** jumped me because I found it offensive.......is not everyone able to decide what's funny and what's not?

My nephew is currently in Iraq serving the US Air Force in EOD and spends his days trying to defuse IED's & vest bombs, I sent it to him and he does not see anything funny here nor do many other guys in his unit.
Below you will see a pix of my nephew & his Humvee that was blown up by a roadside bomb. Thankfully he was not injured!

If you think people blowing themselves up is comical and should be made fun of, you need to look deep inside and figure out just why you think it was funny......... In the meantime I'll continue to find anything like that video offensive.
Your nephew didn't find the commercial funny, but you post a photo of him next to a burned out Humvee, all-smiling and holding a torched magazine with an article of a **** star?? Hardly seems like a serious approach to a deadly matter nor does it really buttress your argument, although I'm not up in arms over your offense of the subject matter. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction?

<flame suit on>
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 03-15-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:01 PM
JChiles
Rennlist Member

It's funny alright. I think jokes about bombs have been around since they invented gunpowder probably, so hardly something new about that.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Your nephew didn't find the commercial funny, but you post a photo of him next to a burned out Humvee, all-smiling and holding a torched magazine with an article of a **** star?? Hardly seems like a serious approach to a deadly matter nor does it really buttress your argument, although I'm not up in arms over your offense of the subject matter. Am I the only one that sees the contradiction?

<flame suit on>

Mark, I totally agree with you.

Robin, I found that very funny and not offensive at all, Thanks for posting it.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
I cannot believe you ********...
********..? I though we were supposed to be *********?!

And ditto what Mark said.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I think it is horribly offensive for a terrorist to kill US troops or other innocent persons. At the same time I think the idea of a suicide bomber only hurting (killing) himself is absolutely hilarious. It is not like we are laughing at a guy killing kittens or babies.... Unfortunately the video does portray how vulnerable people are to these zealots. This time the terrorist got his due, however improbable.

My response to Zombie about the ******* comment is that he should lighten up and see the humor and irony in this video. Calling other's ******** is not called for.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it is horribly offensive for a terrorist to kill US troops or other innocent persons. At the same time I think the idea of a suicide bomber only hurting (killing) himself is absolutely hilarious. It is not like we are laughing at a guy killing kittens or babies.... Unfortunately the video does portray how vulnerable people are to these zealots. This time the terrorist got his due, however improbable.
My thoughts exactly...

Mark

Quick Reply: OT: Funniest video I have ever seen in my life!