Sponsored by:

Why won't they repair this dent?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:07 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Although they included it in their quote, they may have intended for you to come back after the paint had a chance to cure.

You may also wish to replace the stone guard on the other side for uniformity. That will make any repair to one side stand out less.

Andreas
Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

So are they going to try and pop it out from the rear - like a paintless dent removal - or are they going to drill and pull from the outside?

Greg H.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:17 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg H.
So are they going to try and pop it out from the rear - like a paintless dent removal - or are they going to drill and pull from the outside?

Greg H.
If they are going to spray, my guess is that it's being fixed the traditional way, not PDR.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:17 AM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's right, guys - the dent is being pulled the old fashioned way with either a drill and slide hammer, or pounding it from the back. Either way, the repair will need grinding, filling and painting.

With regards to the stone chip guards, it looks like you can only get these in pairs, and I've heard it's a major PITA to get them off so I'm going to ask if they can get the other one off as well and replace that as they are both looking a bit tired.
Does anyone have any tips for putting these things on without getting loads of air bubbles under them?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Darren,

Sorry to hear about this but at least the woman owned up. My wife's BM got its bonnet dented when some idiot backed across the car (and drove off) in her work car park. It cost us £250 to get the whole bonnet painted (though it looked so much better afterwards).

Any high-end body shop should be able to handle the chip guards. I think they heat them up a little to ease them off and if they have done them before they'll have no problem. It's a good idea to swap both as the difference between the new and the old one will be very obvious. Good luck!

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: Why won't they repair this dent?