Sponsored by:

Bizarre electrical problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Bizarre electrical problem.

In an attempt to “improve” the stereo sound quality in my car, I decided to try an FM transmitter/ charger for my iPod. This is a first step prior to a complete stereo upgrade from Rod Birch. I configured all aspects of the iPod unit correctly (having checked the function in my Audi S4 first), and when placed in my 911 got absolutely no power from the cigarette lighter. At first I thought that this was due to the shallow depth of the lighter module, so I added the iPod device enclosed constrictor ring. Still nothing. After much further messing around, I finally, in frustration, pulled the charger unit from the lighter. To my surprise, the whole lighter module came out with the iPod device attached.
It appears that the lighter was not attached to any electrical wires within the dash! I’ve looked in the hole with a flashlight and cannot easily see any attachment.
This is not something I really want to have to drag to the dealer service and pay a huge dash removal labor fee.
I cannot find any search information about this, so I would appreciate any assistance.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:47 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your stereo out and you will have a little more room to mess with the wires that I know are in there for your ciggy lighter.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

rkb.....it could be worse.....you could be a smoker...............ZP44

Quick Reply: Bizarre electrical problem.