Sponsored by:

Cop says to me after pulling me over: "At what speed does your spoiler go up?"

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been recently just turning them over to a local lawyer who advertised in the local PCA magazine. Costs only slightly more than the fine and I don't have to guess what works and play amature lawyer. I was looking around the web at the DIY defence of a ticket and realized I have no ability to fake knowlege in the court room or in the negotiations with the ADA. I would do it once every two years or so and they do it 25 times a day.

I am very pleased and have one in the hopper right now that my wife got. I will report results...

Good Luck, whatever way you go!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Deferment is a sweet deal, if your state/municipality offer it. It costs a bit more up front, but way cheaper in the long run insurance wise.

It is set up through the prosecutor. You plead guilty/committed (language differs by state). You pay full fine, plus court costs. You attend traffic school, which you also pay for. You provide proof of attending the school, no tickets for 2 years (in WA anyway) and BINGO! Off your record, no report to insurance, etc. Never happened. Of course, it stays in your 'court record', thats how they know if you've done it within the last 7 years. If you do get another ticket, it gets reported.

Call the prosecutor for the court you are cited through, and see if they offer it.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

Tonydec - I will look into your option. I believe we have something similar to that.

Steve R

Quick Reply: Cop says to me after pulling me over: "At what speed does your spoiler go up?"