Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting ISV back - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:58 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm this post inspired me and I thought since it was a good 6 months ago that I did mine I would go out and see how dirty it was ..... I found that after removing the electrical connector, if I loosened both of the clamps on the front arm of the isv it was east to pull the front black connector hose off the isv and then push it forward to get it off the off the aluminum u bend, this gives more freedom of movement....then loosened the rear clamp and turned the isv in place so the rear outlet turned upwards....this then popped it out of the rear hose...now you can twist and turn the isv pulling it forward...I sprayed a small amount of lube on the rubber holder so that things slid easily.....surprise suprise my isv was still pretty clean....but I cleaned it anyway....to remount I lubbed the outside of the isv so it slide into the rubber mounting very easily....pushed the rear hose up high, turned the isv so the rear outlet nearly matted into the rear hose ....used an old blunt screw drive to lever the bottom of the hose down under the bottom of the isv outlet turned the isv back flat and it was located into the hose....tightened the clamp......pushed the isv back (to the left) as far as the rubber mounting would let it and replaced the the front connecting hose...but did not tighten clamp....now by using the thumb push hose opening to right and slide isv to right while gently prizing the aluminium u bend into the opening....shimmy back and forwards a bit and it locates ..... tighten every thing down...reconnect the electrics....start car....lovely .....whole thing took 30-40 mins including cleaning and blowing some warm air over the isv (wifes hairdrier....she is out so she does not know hahahah) to evep any remaining brake cleaner......I dont know if this helps anybody but thats how I went about it having done this once before....now for a beer

Quick Reply: Putting ISV back - Need Help!