Sponsored by:

For those who don't like their B&B exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking For those who don't like their B&B exhaust tips

I bought a set of trashed B&B tips on ebay for chump change. They arrived today. I don't know what it is about me but parts are not off the UPS truck for more than 30 minutes before I start screwing with them.

Ok, I hate the B&B tips. They stick out too far and don't mesh well with the muffler cutouts on the rear bumper.
So, since I only paid like $30 for them I figured I'd try to make them fit better.

....And chaos ensued.

Step one: Gring off weld and remove SS cover from underlying pipe.

Step two: Cut 1 1/4" off of the ends to shorten the tips so they line up better.

Step three: Take a 4x4 and sand it down to make a form to reshape the tips. I wanted the tips to be a bit more round and not quite as rectangular.

Step four: POUND on the tips relentlessly with the form until you get the shape you want.

Step five: Using vice grips, flair the inner tube to fit the contour of the stainless cover. This was a bit tricky but you'll eventually get it.

Step six: Check positioning, make minor adjustments, ensure they are symetrical then tack weld the covers back on the inner sleeves.

BAM!

B&B exhaust tips that look better than B&B did.

Now if I could just figure out how to insert pictures throughout the post and not all lumped at the bottom...
Attached Images        

Quick Reply: For those who don't like their B&B exhaust tips