Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has this happened to you? Attack of the Ricer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Reynard38
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Yeah, what a weirdo. I get this sort of crap a lot. Happened last week, the guy wouldn't back down, and escalated it to trying to follow me home.
At this point I reach for that other accessory.

Most of the time it's just kids, but there are a lot of folks out there who are not hitting on all 6 cylinders
Old 02-27-2006, 07:46 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Reynard38,
I hope you're not running around the streets threatening other drivers with that attack pug.............what caliber is it anyway?....................lol
Old 02-27-2006, 07:54 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LOOZER
Old 02-27-2006, 08:11 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

It happened to me a few Fridays ago. I was in my RUF going home and a Mazda3 (Mazda 3?, Yiiiikes) insisted on playing. He went to the shoulder on the on-ramp and squeezed in between me and the minivan in front.

Upon merging, traffic pattern was such that I had clear lanes and he had to wait for traffic to clear. While I wasn't racing him, I drifted out 3 lanes (far left lane was car pool lane at that hour) and I was cruising at 75 MPH or so. Once traffic cleared, he just shot straight to the far lane, hitting 95 or so when he got there.

As soon as he passed under the over pass, a motorcycle cop emerged from the shadows with lights a-blazing. $371 bucks for car pool lane violation, and probably another $600 or so for his speed.

Boy did that make my day.

CP
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by p_carfan

LOOZER

I though about flashing him the big L, but it was afterward.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

You should try driving a NSX on occasion, you need a anti aircaft gun !
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe S.
I though about flashing him the big L, but it was afterward.
Yep... that usually calms them down
Old 02-27-2006, 08:35 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
It happened to me a few Fridays ago. I was in my RUF going home and a Mazda3 (Mazda 3?, Yiiiikes) insisted on playing. He went to the shoulder on the on-ramp and squeezed in between me and the minivan in front.

Upon merging, traffic pattern was such that I had clear lanes and he had to wait for traffic to clear. While I wasn't racing him, I drifted out 3 lanes (far left lane was car pool lane at that hour) and I was cruising at 75 MPH or so. Once traffic cleared, he just shot straight to the far lane, hitting 95 or so when he got there.

As soon as he passed under the over pass, a motorcycle cop emerged from the shadows with lights a-blazing. $371 bucks for car pool lane violation, and probably another $600 or so for his speed.

Boy did that make my day.

CP
Ahhh - I love happy endings
Old 02-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Yeah, what a weirdo. I get this sort of crap a lot. Happened last week, the guy wouldn't back down, and escalated it to trying to follow me home.
He just wanted to pick up our hot Team Belly Dancer.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

I don't get ricers attention usually. It's usually the mustang guys that keep messing with me on the freeways.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I get that almost daily here in LA. This town is full of ricers who wants to pick a drag race anytime of the day. Just yesterday I had a de-badged GTI pulled up next to me while I was driving my 996 and guned his gas to pick race. I didn't even look at him, but I did hear his waste gate pop up valve go off... so I guess he definitely have something under the hood... Not a "DX" breadwagon GTI.

Later that night one of those Toyoto Scion hatch back things was reving his engine picking a race at a light with me. I couldn't believe it!

The other day when I was passing one of those Neon turbo things and saw a kid in there driving with their laying down style. I looked over and gave him a thumbs up, he looked at me smiled and gave me a thumbs up and then down shifted took off speeding by everyone to show off. I know I made his day, he probably went on to tell all his friends that a guy in a Porsche gave him big respect..... LOL!

So one way to deal with these ricers is just to give them the thumbs up.... and just sit back and watch them crash into a wall or get pulled over.

I love it when someone tail gates me right when my V1 goes off, I usually move over and let them speed by, and for some forces of nature they always guns it when they pass you. And then just sit back and watch them get pulled over....
Old 02-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suggest we all buy a large box of Rice-A-Roni, and when this happens, just hold it up to the window until they leave!

Oh, wait, that will be OK in NoCal, but we need a different brand for others...Uncle Ben's?????
Old 02-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Joe:

I definitly think it was your Supercup that attracted the rice boy's attention. Then he probably entered into a trance state after following you for a little while. He just can't help it. It's like bee to the honey.

Seriously though, I think the Bay Area freeway do suffer from this kind of behavior. I normally pretend that I'm on my cell phone and ignore it. I'd try dial the road rage number next time. Never thought of it.

I was had a Sti followed me so close and so fast. I took the Willow exit ramp on south bound 101 quite fast (it's my home turf). The Sti plowed two wheels into the ditch (not kidding) and I never saw him again on the rear mirror.

Another incident, where I was tail gated by a Corvette. The car in front of me braked. I had to apply 90% brake but was able to stop 10-12 feet short. I knew the vette was in trouble since there are no room on either sides. I eased the car forward to give him more space but it didn't help. He plowed into me and I suffered $20K in damage. I have sold the 996 since then.

Paul
Old 02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this exact same thing happen on the interstate while driving back from Calgary. I was about fifteen minutes out of town when this "bitchin' Camaro" pulled up along side. Well it was a late 90's Firebird but honestly...what's the difference. The Fireturd simply has more plastic body panels sculpted by blind third graders. Anyway, this particular "Bitchin' Firebird" was of the six cylinder variety. But he did have a pair of enormous dual exhaust pipes that allowed that monster to breathe appropriately.

It was after dark so I was unable to determine the length of his mullet. But he paced me (I had the cruise set) in the left lane for so long I began to feel uncomfortable. He would dart ahead every once in a while in what I can only assume was an attempt to intimidate me to the point where I would pull over and cry.

For a brief second, I entertained the thought of racing him by pressing the cruise control lever down. I figured it would make a good race story to tell people I beat that thing with my cruise control on.

But I ended up pondering thoughts like "Why do they insist on packing shiney objects everywhere... chrome...bling... neon lights... then it hit me. This same activity can be seen in lower levels of live on our planet. Peacocks use their large colorfull tails to attract a mate. "LOOK AT ME ...I HAVE LOTS OF COLORS" The same theory can be applied to the adolecent squirts who spend the $4.50 an hour they make at the local Huddle House on fake gold cell phone antennas ..."EXCUSE ME, PLEASE LOOK OVER HERE...I'M SPARKLIE..."

And by this time Mr. Mullet and his Bitchin' Firebird were gone... vanished into the night.

The end.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

These morons try to flaunt their stupidity almost every time that I'm in the 993. My response? I just look at them and shake my head in disbelief.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Has this happened to you? Attack of the Ricer!