Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1995 993 potential purchase (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Peter, I disagree. None of us knows what kind of condition it's in yet, and that makes a BIG difference. If it's in great shape it's worth $30K+, IMO. If it's not in great shape, then it depends on what it needs, of course.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:41 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, must be a different car. Looks pretty similar though.

Rear main seal is seeping. Question is definition of seeping. Leaking enough to replace?

The rest of the stuff is not too bad. Make sure no one talks you into a new transmission for the rear spoiler to fix it jamming going down. Most likely needs a $1.50 bearing and an hours worth of labor to fix.

Why no leakdown just compression?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:32 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The mileage claims makes it a bit suspect, I'd do some more discovery and see how it pans out....my02c
ZP44
Old 06-03-2006, 02:39 AM
azcarguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentlemen (and/or ladies) I am new to the list and am in purchase mode for a clean 993 and just happened to be going over old threads looking for information when I came across this post regarding the craiglist car. I have to say I found it a bit worrisome in that I am scheduled to wire a deposit for this very same car on Monday and the remainder of the deal is to be closed post PPI.

The worrisome part is that I live in Arizona and will be having the PPI done at shop local to the seller after speaking with the tech that currently services the car. I was curious if anyone had any idea what the closest reputable (read neutral) shop to the area is. The gentleman Marty Steves is still the seller and it doesnt look like the mileage has moved much in the last 4 months. He states he's selling because of a new child and some unforeseen expenses.

He has stated that the tail lens has a small crack and the rubber boot that joins the airbox to the motor (just behind the fan) is cracked. Both appear to be inexpensive items. On top of this I have been told that the car has had the lower valve cover gasket replaced and the oil changed regularly etc. I do not have much more information at this time.

rcwelch- I noticed your comment on the wheels and the pics I have do seem to make the wheel sit out a bit but I am uncertain as to the appropriate offset of the speedline wheel for this car and thus unable to determine if this is the correct wheel for the car.

Is there anyone that is close enough to look at this car in person (for a fee)?

Looking forward to hearing from a few folks
Old 06-03-2006, 02:45 AM
azcarguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to add the link to the latest ad for the car as the old link is no good.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/165151744.html

I have close up pics of the car and engine if anyone should like to see them in order to provide additional opinions.

thanks again
Old 06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purchased my 95 C4 on Ebay and 77 Bronco Sport on Ebay. Both from the same person and no issues. I didnt even see them until I flew to Tahoe to pick them up.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:19 AM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If those are real Speedlines they're worth a few thousand by themselves. Agree the rear offset looks strange.

Quick Reply: 1995 993 potential purchase (newbie)