Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine mounts on daily drivers

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Talking I sometimes wonder.....................

if they are worth the "investment"...they do transmit more noise to the cabin, not so much as if it will drive you mad. But I am in my quiet, stealth mode these days. I took off the RS shifter...that definitly sent extra noise and vibration to the cabin...
Old 03-17-2006, 11:57 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Tippy owners...

Have any of you guys upgraded..if so..your thoughts...

TIA
Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Been there done that............Solid engine mounts and solid tranny mounts make for much better shifting and a little better handling but they are noisey, especially the tranny mounts!.
I have seen posts that say RS mounts make the car handle better, I'm not inclined to believe the ordinary driver, flogging his 993 in daily traffic, would ever see a benefit unless he tracked his car on weekends.
And if you're married and allow your significant other in the car you can be assured that you will get bitched at for the car being to noisy..............ZP44
Old 03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Been there done that............Solid engine mounts and solid tranny mounts make for much better shifting and a little better handling but they are noisey, especially the tranny mounts!.
I have seen posts that say RS mounts make the car handle better, I'm not inclined to believe the ordinary driver, flogging his 993 in daily traffic, would ever see a benefit unless he tracked his car on weekends.
And if you're married and allow your significant other in the car you can be assured that you will get bitched at for the car being to noisy..............ZP44

Why I ask is that when I shift after I release the clutch (oops wrong car..lol)..now seriously when I release up on the x and shift (tip now and this is happen pretty quickly) and wait for the ketch..I feel the same sensation as when my 944T needed motor mounts..like there is a lil movement and a lil thud song...not quite a clunk....
Old 03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a source and price for a RS mount set? Curious, I understand additional hardware is required as the stock mounts use different pieces. Is that correct?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:50 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David 23
Does anyone have a source and price for a RS mount set? Curious, I understand additional hardware is required as the stock mounts use different pieces. Is that correct?
Yes, extra pieces needed other than just the mounts. I would suggest ViperBob or Gert for the "kits".
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep in mind too that the RS mounts are not solid, they are rubber, just firmer than the stock pieces. I noticed the handling improvement on the corner that led to my street, and didn't really notice an increase in noise. The bolt that holds the mount to the engine is different than stock, but all the stuff you need comes in the kit from Gert (only took about 2 days to ship too, to San Diego). Get 'em!

You may be able tell if your stock mounts are worn by seeing how much you can lift the engine (see p-car.com for the proper lift point, there is a motor mount diy there) before the whole car starts to rise, there should not be much "free play".
Old 03-17-2006, 10:11 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by David 23
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm

Look under "Upgrades" for the P93

Comes with all the hardware.

Jason
Old 03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Or directly here:

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93114.htm
Old 03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

I upgraded to the RS mounts. The only downside is you can feel the typical lumpy idle. But that is only at idle. The 'lump' in the back now feels a little better connected, if thats worth anything.

I do feel a slight improvement in shift quality.

Quick Reply: Engine mounts on daily drivers