Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would you buy a 993 sight unseen???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
jmriggio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did.....my search had gone on for the better part of a year. After rejecting 4-5 cars, and during a casual Ebay search to kill time at work, the car suddenly appeared; on the opposite coast. I had not considered Ebay a top-tier site to find a car and had confined myself to the regular Porsche sites for my search, hitting Ebay only every once in a while. My search had gone on so long owing to the fact that my criteria was very rigid with regard to year, condition,ext color and type interior, mileage, and owner. It was sort of a leap of faith, but after several conversations with the owner, a chat with the mechanic who had serviced the car, I settled the auction pending an successful PPI and arranged for the car to be shipped 3000 miles. Luckily, I had a friend near the car's location to handle the transaction, and I waited patiently for the car to be delivered.
When the car rolled of the Intercities transport..........it exceeded my expectations in every way!...had I not jumped at the opportunity, I might still be searching for a car or would have compromised my criteria.
I would not make a habit of buying cars sight unseen but "sometimes you have to say "what the f#$%", and make your move."

--Joe
Old 02-18-2006, 05:09 PM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i looked at a few 3.2s had a few ppi..they failed so i moved on found another,no ppi,got the car and it needed 3k worth of work..the car is now perfect.bone dry,new brakes and suspension stuff..i would not do it again,but i got lucky

Quick Reply: would you buy a 993 sight unseen???