Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal/Parking Light Linked?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
sundayrider
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal/Parking Light Linked?

Hi,
I am a new poster to the board and soon to be Rennlist member. Anyway, I really enjoy the Rennlist community and was hoping to find some help on a problem I have incurred. I just installed clear turn signal indicators and now the left turn signal stays on when the parking lights go on. When the headlights/parking light goes off, the left turn signal operates normally. Right sides operates normally at all times. Any things to try would help. I should also mention I was installing an iPod adapter in my stereo and burned a fuse. Don't know if that has any connection with this problem. Thanks in Advance!

BTW, I tried to follow etiquitte and upload pics of my car, but the files were too big so I will have to take some new ones.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi... welcome to Rennlist.

Did you swap out the connector in the back?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...r+corners+bulb
Old 02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
sundayrider
Intermediate

KKim, thanks for the welcome and to the pointer to that thread (didn't come up on any of my searches). I did use the old connecotr, but I simply put in the new amber bulb rather then getting a dual filiment one. I will now do that, but not sure that's the problem since the right side works fine.

BTW, my car is an early '96 cabriolet. It did have the wiring harness recall performed that was predominantly for MY95s. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

Cheers- The same thing happened to mine when I installed the clear corners.. Use your old bayonet fittings.. and the old bulbs.. if the old bulbs were clear, buy new yellow or ion plated yellow/ silver bulbs. the new bayonet fittings are for a single element bulb, (if I remember correctly..) the Left turn lamp is on when the parking lights are on because the lead connects at the bottom of the bulb are hitting the positive terminals in the bayonet socket..

Coleman.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
sundayrider
Intermediate

Coleman, I will give that a try and appreciate you taking the time to respond. I must have just been lucky on the right side! Really appreciate the collective knowledge on this site!

Quick Reply: Turn Signal/Parking Light Linked?